Shaking, heavy breathing, peed

Lor

Reaction score
2 year old blue Frenchie ate breakfast and peed and pooed normally outside. His behavior and demeanor were fine. About 30 minutes later , he had sudden severe shaking , labored breathing and some pee released. This episode lasted about 4 minutes and it stopped as suddenly as it started. We took him to the vet, had several blood panels run including pancreas and tick. Everything came back normal. He eats Prescription food, low fat as he had some pancreatitis issues when he was a puppy. The low fat food seems to keep those pancreatitis blood test markers normal. He receives no human treats or snacks .

He was perfect fine and normal the rest of that day and 10 days following the first episode. Sadly, an identical episode this morning. The same time of morning; he had a normal pee/poo, ate breakfast normally. Again , very suddenly he starting the severe shaking, labored breathing and bladder release and a bit foamy saliva. This episode lasted about 5 minutes. Once again, it stopped and he has been normal and playing. What could be going on with this dog? What can be checked when I call the vet again?

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Some type of seizure?

Sorry to hear about this. I have no current experience with anything similar; I just remember having a Boxer in the late 90s who had a few seizures and would collapse and lose control of his bowels. It ended up being a mild cardiomyopathy issue for him. Maybe someone else has something more relevant happening and can chime in? I hope he is feeling better today.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking seizure as well, if it does happen again, try to video ( I know it sounds harsh), but it is the best evidence to give your vet to help identify the issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Sounds like seizures to me. My Stella had seizures before she passed.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Sounds like a seizure to me.