After Spay Surgery..

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Marg got spayed yesterday... We decided we wanted to so it before her first heat. She did great through surgery without any complications... I'm so relieved.
She is still very exhausted but not as out of it as she was yesterday... Just pitiful :( She has belly band on to protect her stitches, and that's coming off tomorrow. Instead of a god awful cone to wear on her head, they vet said she could wear a small tshirt to prevent her from reaching stitches. She is 20 pounds, does anyone know what size of a kids tshirt we should get her ??
Oh and to top it all off I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth surgically removed this morning... Marg and I are going to be laid up on the couch all weekend I think!
Please send good thoughts our way... The hardest part is going to be keeping her quiet and not playing or jumping all week :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Oh, no! You two can comfort each other! You can get dog shirts at Petco, Petsmart, even Old Navy. Look at their sizing charts but at 20 lbs she should wear either a small or a medium. Buster is 31 lbs and wears a large. Feel better soon!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
OUCH!! Wisdom teeth are a beeotch..... hope you both feel better real soon. Enjoy your snuggle time. With you not feeling well and laid up, Marg may just settle in next to you and you will not have to worry much about her wanting to play/jump

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advise. We live in a small town and don't have any of those stores... Would a small in child's size tshirt maybe fit her? Going to have to send my husband to find something because her bandages come off today and I don't want her picking at her stitches :(

trishkidd24

Reaction score
She's been so cute... Even though her surgery was more serious then mine, all she's been concerned with is snuggling and kissing my cheeks... She definitely knows I don't feel good either :) here's a picture of her in her tshirt we found. It's a little small so might have to buy a little bigger one. You can tell by the picture she is very tired and snuggly...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383427427.042325.jpg

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Hope you two feel better soon. She will be back to her normal self this afternoon or tomorrow, and the hard part is keeping her quiet and no jumping for about 10 days. I wouldn't know what size to get her, but maybe an infant size, I would guess. Get plenty of snuggles in this weekend.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
That is such a cute picture of your snuggle buddy. Maybe a toddler 2 size would fit!

trishkidd24

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383620537.779450.jpg
Here's Marg relaxing in her new onsie... Ha I felt stupid buying a little kids shirt for my dog, but I guess whatever keeps her from chewing at her stitches :) and it's always better then having her wear a cone!!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Awww, cute little girl! Hope you both recover soon!!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my goodness...she is so precious! Jax bounced back the next day after getting neutered but I still had to [attempt] to keep him from running around and jumping for 10 days. Hope you both feel better soon!

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Yeah, she was spayed on Thursday, and is now back to her normal self, so it has been very challenging trying to keep her calm and quiet! But it is all for the best in the long run :) We had no intention of breeding her, so getting the surgery done while she is young was a good idea!

Babette

Reaction score
Glad to hear she's doing well. Maybe some appetizing chewies will help keep her mind off of it?