Frenchie Alleriges

JeffNemNyc

Reaction score
Hello everyone! So my Husband and I have 2 French Bulldogs, Romeo and Penelope (Roro and Pepe). Romeo is 1yr and 3 months and Penelope is almost 5 months. We have been battling skin issues with Romeo for a little under a year now. Long story short, things are better now but not gone. We are feeding both dogs a home cooked diet of rabbit, carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, green peppers and spinach. They get raw carrots and apples as treats. My question to all of you is this.........This diet is killing me time wise and somewhat costly. Have any of you with skin issues ever used Stella and Chewy's raw diet? They have a Rabbit version and I'd love to give this to my dogs seeing at it would be sooooooo much easier for us. We live in NYC and don't have a large kitchen (it's barely small lol) and it would be so much easier for us. Any thoughts??? Thanks!!!!!!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
All I can say is give it a try and see how they do on it. Finding the right food is always a challenge. Oh and welcome to the site too, glad you joined us.

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Welcome to FBN! :)

I do a raw diet with my bulldogs but it consists of only raw meat, organ meats, and raw eggs. You could always go that route? Then you would only have to worry about prepping the rabbit meat.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Welcome Jeffery and Nem, and of course Romeo and Penelope, too! I have never fed raw and admire you for doing it. A transition to Stella and Chewy's raw would be worth a try. My Bulldog, Ruggles has extreme food allergies and I feed him Nature's Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Turkey as he is allergic to chicken, beef, pork, lamb, corn, rice, and potato!

Babette

Reaction score
Hi, welcome! Sorry to hear your puppies are having issues. Babette had a horrible allergy that was causing her legs to break out in sores, her fur to smell gross, and her ears to be very red and irritated. After a month of switching her to a grain free / limited ingredient food (California Naturals) all of her issues are gone. :pray2: Keep at it and try new things. I wish you the best of luck.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN.... i do not feed raw, but have Bulldogs with a lot of allergies. have you thought about getting the full blood screen allergy test done? it is not 100% accurate, but it helps give a good idea of what to avoid? I did it for my guys once they turn two and it helped eliminate the food issues... environmental you can only help with maintenance and such, but food you can avoid.

My girl is allergic to chicken and my boy was allergic to rice and all dairy -- all I never would have thought to be an issue. I also know a Can Corso that is allergic to carrots, so it can be anything

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Allergies can be really frustrating. Ollie is allergic to corn for sure and we think grains too. He was on a raw diet with his breeder but I am not fond or the raw so we switched to blue buffalo freedom puppy and his itching is gone and the bad smell on his face is gone too. Best of luck. Allergies are no fun. I hope you find a diet that works for you.