Been sewing for the dog

Tgirl

Reaction score
I have been sewing for my little dog. He's not a frenchie, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it. He is elderly with various health problems. Recently he has been getting confused and has tinkled on the floor. :( So, to save my house and marriage (haha) I decided to make him some little "diapers" to wear around the house. I always catch him when he starts to tinkle, and run him outside. These are just to catch the little that was hitting the floor before I get him outside. He seems to not be bothered by them at all. I used 2 layers of thick towel material, and some scrap fabric I already had. It happened to be John Deere tractor fabric. I also made him a new coat. He has lost weight in the last year and his old coat was too big. A good friend has an embroidery machine. She let me come over and put his name and a snowman on it. I lined it with fleece. He likes it, but it's not cold enough for it yet.

Attachments

• 100_9055.jpg
    100_9055.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_9056.jpg
    100_9056.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_9058.jpg
    100_9058.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_9059.jpg
    100_9059.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 169

mhuinker

Reaction score
Oh, cute! I love the John Deere ones!! I have one very similar for Leo, just a different pattern, but it's a little too big for him and he keeps slipping out of it!! Little bugger! :)
(I'm referring to the belly band that is). The coat is adorable!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Melody, you are so talented and clever! The diapers and coat are both darling!!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
What a great job... I just love his little jacket.

Tgirl

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! They were really easy to make. For the jacket, I just layed his old coat on a piece of newspaper and traced it. Then, I made it smaller where I needed to. For the belly bands, I just measured him and cut them out and sewed them. It took maybe 15 minutes for every 2.

mcraven2

Reaction score
Look at that face, so adorable! I just love senior dogs! And great job on the jacket and diapers! :)

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Awww, that's so sweet to make that for him. I'm with mcraven2, I just love senior dogs. :heart:

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
These are great! You should post about it on our sister site too called specialneedsbulldogs.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tgirl

Reaction score
Thanks guys! He is very much loved, but in pretty bad health. It makes me tear up just thinking about losing him one day. :(

Bullmama, I will look into that site. I feel silly really posting because I don't even have a French bulldog, or any bulldog for that matter. One day though, one day :).

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! He is very much loved, but in pretty bad health. It makes me tear up just thinking about losing him one day. :(

Bullmama, I will look into that site. I feel silly really posting because I don't even have a French bulldog, or any bulldog for that matter. One day though, one day :).

Me too, I was so close but I was second in line for a girl and my Frenchie breeder only had one girl, so I will try to be patient! :tapfoot: Don't ever feel silly about posting, it is not about having one it's about loving them! You don't have to own to love! Although, someday we will, and then we can really learn what all the fuss is about! :2thumbs:

mhuinker

Reaction score

No need to feel silly! I joined this site before I got a Frenchie and was in the "one day" phase myself!!! You have a love for the breed, and maybe someday you will have a little Frenchie too.

Your little senior guy is a sweetie. Would love to see a pic of the peke too! :)