Kongs

I Love Louie

Reaction score
Hello everyone I would like to get Louie a Kong and I was wondering what everyone recommends as far as stuffing it? I would love something that might keep him occupied and yet is healthy for him. I only give him fruitables for treats. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I don't stuff kongs because with 2 dogs they both want the same one and Ruggles is twice Buster's size. I know people stuff them with peanut butter, cheese. bananna! Sounds messy for inside and outside might attract bugs or worse!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I stuff with peanut butter, fat free cheese or banana... then freeze. keeps them busy for a good period of time

trishkidd24

Reaction score
With our other dogs we always filled them with peanut butter and then put them in the freezer. Makes the peanut butter hard (less messy) and takes them longer to get out! My new pup loves them too because it must feel good on her teeth since she's teething!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhuinker

Reaction score
Hmmm. Interesting, never thought about freezing them!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We don't stuff our Kongs either, but freezing them with peanut butter or cheese does sound like it would keep them busy. We also give our babies Fruitables for treats, they love them and they are good for them.

Babette

Reaction score
Babette loves her kong. We used to stuff it with a natural type meaty treat but now that she's figured out how to get them out in no time flat (aka throwing them down the stairs until gravity helps bounce it out) we stick to stuffing her bone. Freezing is a great idea, I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion. :)