Fascinated....& dog birthday cake

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
ok not strictly a Frenchie post, but as most members seem to be from USA I've noticed some things in posts :D like what is Jerky? Is that dried meats? I say Christmas decoration not Christmas ornament (that would be something I would put on a shelf not a tree) and I was wondering if some of my posts are like that for those in USA :no: So when you say hunting does that mean you live in a rural area or you drive out like going on holiday?

I want to make Winston a birthday cake and lots of recipes seem to be American and mention yoghurt frosting, is that like buttercream? Do you make it or buy it in a tub? Does anyone have a good dog birthday cake recipe tried and tested?

winginit66

Reaction score
Jerky = yes, dried meat.
Christmas ornament = tree ornament
not sure about the hunting reference...
yogurt = Yogurt or yoghurt or yoghourt ( or ; other spellings listed below) is a fermented milk product (soy milk, nut milks such as almond milk, and coconut milk can also be used) produced by bacterial fermentation of milk. chobani, Yoplait, etc.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
As far as hunting goes, where I come from it is a very big deal (Upper Michigan). A lot of families around our rural area feed their families for the winter from the whitetail deer they shoot during hunting season. Our regular rifle season is a 15 day long season where a person can go into the woods (they must own private property) and they can shoot and kill a whitetail deer with a rifle. Then they take the deer to a local butcher for processing to have it made into burger or just processed for the cuts of meat. We also get jerky and sausage made too.
While some families do it for the meat there are also a lot of people here that do it for the sport AND meat. We have many types of hunting seasons but the biggest is regular rifle.
I forget that our area is kind of unique when it comes to owning guns and hunting compared to a lot of different areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Jerky = yes, dried meat.
Christmas ornament = tree ornament
not sure about the hunting reference...
yogurt = Yogurt or yoghurt or yoghourt ( or ; other spellings listed below) is a fermented milk product (soy milk, nut milks such as almond milk, and coconut milk can also be used) produced by bacterial fermentation of milk. chobani, Yoplait, etc.

As far as hunting goes, where I come from it is a very big deal (Upper Michigan). A lot of families around our rural area feed their families for the winter from the whitetail deer they shoot during hunting season. Our regular rifle season is a 15 day long season where a person can go into the woods (they must own private property) and they can shoot and kill a whitetail deer with a rifle. Then they take the deer to a local butcher for processing to have it made into burger or just processed for the cuts of meat. We also get jerky and sausage made too.
While some families do it for the meat there are also a lot of people here that do it for the sport AND meat. We have many types of hunting seasons but the biggest is regular rifle.
I forget that our area is kind of unique when it comes to owning guns and hunting compared to a lot of different areas.

Yep ^^^^ what they said!

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
Thank you that looks ideal will have ago at this next weekend for Winstons 1st Birthday and a our new pups homecoming :)

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Like [MENTION=156]trishkidd24[/MENTION] I live in the mountains of N.E.Oregon and hunting is very big here!

trishkidd24

Reaction score
[MENTION=10]Alice Kable[/MENTION] what sort of animals is your area know for hunting?
Our biggest season is Whitetail Deer, but I know a lot of people that also hunt black bear, and the new season of hunting wolves.
I'm actually sitting in my blind as I type this, as I hunt whitetail deer during rifle season :)

Alice Kable

Reaction score
We have Mule Deer, Elk, Black Bear, Turkey. I think that is about it. People here would like to hunt wolves but so far they are protected. They kill a lot of livestock. Good for you, going hunting, and good luck [MENTION=156]trishkidd24[/MENTION]!