Kong Zoom Groom

mcraven2

Reaction score
I love this brush! And the bullies love it as well! This brush lifts hair off of them like a magnet. This is a must have for dog owners! You can find the Kong Zoom Groom at most pet stores (Petco, Petsmart, etc.) or online at Amazon! :)

DownloadedFile-1.jpeg

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
I have used those for washing in the shower but I had not thought to get one for just regular brushing. Great idea! I will pick one of those up this weekend!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I love the Zoom Groom and so does our bullies.

Debra

Reaction score
You can throw it in the dishwasher too

Tgirl

Reaction score
Mine just came the other day. I can't wait to use it on my girl.

JuniorsMom

Reaction score
I have one of these, but I must be using it incorrectly. No fur comes off when I brush his fur in little circles. Should I wet it? Nothing seems to be sticking to the brush, although Junior is certainly shedding a fair bit all the time.
Ideas?
Thanks.
Lisa

Fosta Mama

Reaction score
The Zoom Groom just didn't work for us... I couldn't really get any hair off with it.
I ended up buying a Furminator comb that works better for us.

Tgirl

Reaction score
I have to say that I was so excited to try this out but was disappointed when I did. It gets a little hair off but no more than any other brush.

mmclean

Reaction score
I actually only use mine when I bathe Radar. It works great then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eeturk

Reaction score
We have a furminator and it works really really well. The zoom groom looked like a (horse) curry comb to me and I just didn't see it working for the texture of hudsons hair.

hannah

Reaction score
I need to grab one of those! Thanks for the suggestion!

JuniorsMom

Reaction score
I had posted earlier about not getting any fur off with the Zoom Groom, but now I've figured it out. If I just rub him all over in circles, and then use it to brush off the loosened fur with downward strokes, a real little cloud of white fur accumulates on the floor. It's brilliant. I now use it when he's in a dry bathtub to catch everything. No such luck on Lola the Pug, who needs the furminator. So, the furminator won't work on my Frenchie, but the Zoom Groom won't work on my double-coated pug.

Reaction score
Ha, I have some kind of brush, not a Kong but my dog won't let you brush him. He hates it The only time he likes to be pet is when he sits on my husband at night to watch TV. If you reach down and try to pet his head he dodges your hand and ducks so you'll stop. We have plenty of hair around here. Some parts of the year worse than others. The majority of hair is lost in the bath but we have a catch and just keep picking it out. I wish Sergeant would let us brush him. Why do you think some owners love it and it doesn't work so well for others?

kkatebasilio

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the furminator since that's what they use at Petsmart when I take him for some grooming but also regular brushing is recommended so yea. I also want to know has anyone here shaved their frenchie?

hannah

Reaction score
We have a furminator and it works really really well. The zoom groom looked like a (horse) curry comb to me and I just didn't see it working for the texture of hudsons hair.

I bought a furminator and have no idea how to use it?! I can see how it would work for long hair but for short hair?! any tips

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking of getting the furminator since that's what they use at Petsmart when I take him for some grooming but also regular brushing is recommended so yea. I also want to know has anyone here shaved their frenchie?

Shaved?! omg no!

hannah

Reaction score
I got the zoom groom and don't feel like it works that well, but I was just brushing down not doing circles... so I will try that

kkatebasilio

Reaction score
I got the zoom groom and don't feel like it works that well, but I was just brushing down not doing circles... so I will try that

What do you feed your frenchie? Mine sheds like crazy and i honestly don't know what food to give him I heard high in omega 3 helps a lot.

Schimpfy

Reaction score
Chance and I love the zoom groom needs a heavier hand but the hair I get of him and the dogs we had in the past including a Keeshound is remarkable as I create piles and clouds of hair. Very massaging as well if done properly

hannah

Reaction score
What do you feed your frenchie? Mine sheds like crazy and i honestly don't know what food to give him I heard high in omega 3 helps a lot.

we are switching between foods right now. Just bought a bad of Acana