Frenchie Meet up group event this weekend Dec 1st

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
I found a meet up group online in my area that is having a get together this weekend and it's a frenchie's only group. I'm super excited to meet some other local people with Frenchie's. They are gonna have a santa out there too for pics with Santa. I will take lots of pics and share with the group. If any of you are close enough the event is in Long Beach, CA. :)

mhuinker

Reaction score
Great! Can't wait to see the photos! I wish we had that around here!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun time, and can't wait to see pics.

winginit66

Reaction score
Great! Can't wait to see the photos! I wish we had that around here!

You and I can each drive 1.5 hrs ( or thereabouts) and have our own little meetup. Seriously, I would love to have something like that local. I only know 1 other person locally who has Frenchies. Well, other than Gidget's breeder and she is in her 70's.

mhuinker

Reaction score
You and I can each drive 1.5 hrs ( or thereabouts) and have our own little meetup. Seriously, I would love to have something like that local. I only know 1 other person locally who has Frenchies. Well, other than Gidget's breeder and she is in her 70's.

Lol, yah! I don't know any local Frenchie owners here other than breeders. :(

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
What a fun morning! We packed up Ollie, the water bowl, the water, and his new holiday outfit and we headed down to long beach for the frenchie meetup. Now I was expecting a few frenchies, but not 80 !!!! Yes there was about 75 to 80 frenchies at the beach. All colors, shapes and sizes. How fun! Enjoy the pics! Ollie felt the sand on his toes for the first time and the ocean. He was not fond of the water....but he did love the wet sand and laid in it for a while between running with the other dogs. so fun!DSC00399.jpgDSC00400.jpgDSC00401.jpgDSC00402.jpgDSC00403.jpgDSC00406.jpgDSC00407.jpgDSC00408.jpgDSC00409.jpgDSC00410.jpgDSC00411.jpgDSC00412.jpgDSC00415.jpgDSC00416.jpgDSC00417.jpgDSC00418.jpgDSC00419.jpgDSC00420.jpgDSC00421.jpg

mhuinker

Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaaa, frenchies!! I would be sqealing like a 4 year old in a toy store!

gmarti20

Reaction score
Cool pics. We would love to attend something like this once our boy gets all of his shots.

winginit66

Reaction score
OMG. That is so cool!!!! I can't imagine that many Frenchies together. I love the one of him up on the beach looking at the others near the water.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I LOVE all the pictures, especially the one with Santa! Is Ollie's harness a training harness, or does it give the person on the other end of the leash more control? Now that I'm walking Buster in town he is pulling a lot.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
I LOVE all the pictures, especially the one with Santa! Is Ollie's harness a training harness, or does it give the person on the other end of the leash more control? Now that I'm walking Buster in town he is pulling a lot.

Hi Alice,

It's a normal harness I picked up at a specialty pet store. It's made by Gooby. I like and chose this brand because of the easy on and off configuration. It's not tight on the neck and it has a good adjustable strap around his middle and back. IT slips over the head and then one foot goes through and then you buckle it around the middle. Very easy and it's made for the harder to fit dogs like our frenchies! It's made on nice nylon mesh so it breaths well and the straps on the top of the harness are made of a nice synthetic suede material. I picked it up for about $30.00 I think it was. You can find them on Amazon. I have a Puppia harness with fleese lining for the winter too. Just got it in the mail yesterday. But I like the gooby harness for everyday walking.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Hi Alice,

It's a normal harness I picked up at a specialty pet store. It's made by Gooby. I like and chose this brand because of the easy on and off configuration. It's not tight on the neck and it has a good adjustable strap around his middle and back. IT slips over the head and then one foot goes through and then you buckle it around the middle. Very easy and it's made for the harder to fit dogs like our frenchies! It's made on nice nylon mesh so it breaths well and the straps on the top of the harness are made of a nice synthetic suede material. I picked it up for about $30.00 I think it was. You can find them on Amazon. I have a Puppia harness with fleese lining for the winter too. Just got it in the mail yesterday. But I like the gooby harness for everyday walking.

Here is a link to the page on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Gooby-Choke-F...?ie=UTF8&qid=1386021254&sr=8-1&keywords=gooby

Only 21.25 on Amazon...

- - - Updated - - -

Ollie is only 16 pounds and wears a large. :)