Kilo ate a small rock

gmarti20

Reaction score
Kilo ate a small rock from our backyard today. He swallowed it before I got my finger in, but I saw it when I got him to open his mouth.... Rock is about the size of a pinky nail...... Should I worry?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Well hopefully it will work it's way out. If it was about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch it should pass OK.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Give it a couple days. If you don't see it in the poop in a few days then maybe. My golden used to eat whole socks that would come out WHOLE. gross but true.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Rocks are tough because they don't break down. You could call your vet's office and talk with them about it. We've had to have forced pukes with a couple of our boys, but that is a lot better than an obstruction!

gmarti20

Reaction score
Looks like he's ok. Poo'ing 15 times a day, business as usual!

Hopefully it wasn't a rock and just a small chunk of soil....

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like he's ok. Poo'ing 15 times a day, business as usual!

Hopefully it wasn't a rock and just a small chunk of soil....

:whew: My Bulldog ate a rock afew weekes ago, she is fine now, but surgery was needed. We had NO idea she ate it, we knew something was not right with her by her behavior. So, I took her in for an exam and asked for xrays to check her hips/back... low and behold big a$$ rock in her gut. :angry:

they are fast little munchkins!

ParisRoger

Reaction score
My roger is the same he likes to chew on rocks n stones. We try are best to stop him x

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

🆕 Latest posts