How much does your frenchie weigh full grown?

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Ollie is about 16 pounds now at 6 months. I'm wondering where he will top out. Now when I was at the event on Sunday I did notice many of the frenchies were overweight and I want to make sure that Ollie stays trim and fit so he can lead a long and happy life. His mommy is 18 pounds and daddy is 20 so I'm hoping he does not get bigger than 18-20. He does seem to run on the smaller side which I'm happy about. I am curious what the average weight is of the frenchies on this board. I know the bread standard does not allow more than 28 pounds.

gmarti20

Reaction score
Kilo was weighed at the vet this Saturday.... 7.6 lbs at 9 weeks

Katie Winchell

Reaction score
Norm will be two in February. He is about 25lbs right now and I think he's finally done growing. He was the runt of little, they always seem to turn out to be the biggest. Norm is longer and larger than most frenchie's that I've seen.

winginit66

Reaction score
Gidget went to the vet 2 Saturdays ago and was 23 lbs. and she was 1 year in October. She seems like a dainty thing to me. Her head seems very petite and small. I have seen 2 other males and a female in my area and they seem to weigh a lot more and just be bulkier/stockier in general. Granted, the other 3 are much older. How tall is Ollie off of the floor to his shoulders? I will try to measure Gidget when I get home, just for a comparison.

Reaction score
Ollie is about 16 pounds now at 6 months. I'm wondering where he will top out. Now when I was at the event on Sunday I did notice many of the frenchies were overweight and I want to make sure that Ollie stays trim and fit so he can lead a long and happy life. His mommy is 18 pounds and daddy is 20 so I'm hoping he does not get bigger than 18-20. He does seem to run on the smaller side which I'm happy about. I am curious what the average weight is of the frenchies on this board. I know the bread standard does not allow more than 28 pounds.
There were only 2 pups in the litter Sergeant came from and he was much bigger than his brother from the beginning. His Mom was 14 lbs and Dad 18 lbs and guess what? He's 14 mos. next week and 29 lbs. Before we took him off regular food and had to put him on the RX diet he weighed 30 lbs at 11 mos. On that diet he lost weight to 25 lbs but once I could return him to regular dog food he's gained weight and now weighs the 29 lbs. My dog is not fat, I worried about him getting too big too but I see dogs that look heavier and weigh less. My boy isn't as cobby as I'd like and he's got a little more back so he has to weigh more. So many things go into their grown weight and their overall height and length needs to be considered. My dog came to me at 9 weeks and weighed just under 8 lbs. Who would have thought he'd grow so fast but looking back at the 2 in the litter I feel like I should have known regardless of the size of the parents. They're all muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so just make sure he gets plenty of exercise.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Gidget went to the vet 2 Saturdays ago and was 23 lbs. and she was 1 year in October. She seems like a dainty thing to me. Her head seems very petite and small. I have seen 2 other males and a female in my area and they seem to weigh a lot more and just be bulkier/stockier in general. Granted, the other 3 are much older. How tall is Ollie off of the floor to his shoulders? I will try to measure Gidget when I get home, just for a comparison.

Good question. I don't know that one. I will measure tonight and report back. :)

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
There were only 2 pups in the litter Sergeant came from and he was much bigger than his brother from the beginning. His Mom was 14 lbs and Dad 18 lbs and guess what? He's 14 mos. next week and 29 lbs. Before we took him off regular food and had to put him on the RX diet he weighed 30 lbs at 11 mos. On that diet he lost weight to 25 lbs but once I could return him to regular dog food he's gained weight and now weighs the 29 lbs. My dog is not fat, I worried about him getting too big too but I see dogs that look heavier and weigh less. My boy isn't as cobby as I'd like and he's got a little more back so he has to weigh more. So many things go into their grown weight and their overall height and length needs to be considered. My dog came to me at 9 weeks and weighed just under 8 lbs. Who would have thought he'd grow so fast but looking back at the 2 in the litter I feel like I should have known regardless of the size of the parents. They're all muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so just make sure he gets plenty of exercise.

After losing 65 pounds myself 3 years ago and have kept it off.....:happydance: I definitely agree with you in the knowledge that muscle weighs more than fat and our boys are full of muscle. I think as long as I have the indent in the hips and he looks good I won't really worry about his weight. I just want him to be healthy and happy for a LONG LONG time.

Reaction score
After losing 65 pounds myself 3 years ago and have kept it off.....:happydance: I definitely agree with you in the knowledge that muscle weighs more than fat and our boys are full of muscle. I think as long as I have the indent in the hips and he looks good I won't really worry about his weight. I just want him to be healthy and happy for a LONG LONG time.
AGREED!:yes:

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax is definitely on the bigger side. He will be 8 months old next week and the last time he went to the vet (a couple weeks ago) he weighed in at 27 pounds! The vet was not concerned with his weight. One of my nicknames for him is Butterball. Jax is definitely bulky/stocky and is well proportioned. I think Jax was about 10 1/2 - 11 inches tall the last time we measured him. At what age are Frenchies considered full grown?

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
Cosette is 21 pounds; my first Frenchie was 23 lbs. I guess you have to factor in what they inherited from their parents as well as food and exercise.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Well, Buster doesn't count because his mother is an OEB, but a 11 months he weighs 31 lbs. He most likely will fill in some and beef out, but I doubt that he'll make it to 35 lbs!

winginit66

Reaction score
Well, Gidget is approximately 12" at the top of her shoulders. [MENTION=188]Cbrugs[/MENTION] - yes at what age are they considered not a puppy any longer?

pbois

Reaction score
Bolt will turn 1 year old in a couple days and he is 18.5 lbs and is just under 12" at the top of his shoulders.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Leo weighs anywhere from 24 to 24.5 lbs and he is 3 years old.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score

Ollie measures 11.5 inches from floor to top of shoulder.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Ha my marg must be stocky... She is 7 months old and about 22 pounds... She has a longer body then her sister Ramona (who we get to see regularly because our vet/breeder kept her) But Ramona looks like she is on steroids! HA I say that in the nicest way, but her sister is nothing but muscle. They live on a farm and are active outdoors people and hikers. She said that Ramona does nothing but run and exercise all day! You can tell because she makes Marg's body look like a wimpy couch potato body ha. I'm very happy with where Marg is now in her body weight, it was just cool to see her sister and her side by side and the different body types they had because of their lifestyles :)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha my marg must be stocky... She is 7 months old and about 22 pounds... She has a longer body then her sister Ramona (who we get to see regularly because our vet/breeder kept her) But Ramona looks like she is on steroids! HA I say that in the nicest way, but her sister is nothing but muscle. They live on a farm and are active outdoors people and hikers. She said that Ramona does nothing but run and exercise all day! You can tell because she makes Marg's body look like a wimpy couch potato body ha. I'm very happy with where Marg is now in her body weight, it was just cool to see her sister and her side by side and the different body types they had because of their lifestyles :)

Jax and Marg must be long lost relatives...ha ha. They are about the same age and Jax weighs 27 pounds.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Jax and Marg must be long lost relatives...ha ha. They are about the same age and Jax weighs 27 pounds.
Ha He is a big boy :) Marg is a big girl too... and doesn't like exercise unless it involves chasing the cat or leaping off the couch ha. I wish we knew more frenchie owners around our area so we could have meet and greets!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha He is a big boy :) Marg is a big girl too... and doesn't like exercise unless it involves chasing the cat or leaping off the couch ha. I wish we knew more frenchie owners around our area so we could have meet and greets!

He is definitely a big boy...I can barely pick him up now and am waiting for the day I throw my back out while carrying him up and down the stairs! Jax's exercise is grabbing someone's shoe and then being chased around the house for it...ha ha. I do have a friend that has a Frenchie who is 3 years old and he is a big boy as well (32 pounds, I believe). We had a play date in September but Jax was just too little for him and was constantly getting pinned down. He can probably hold his own though on their next play date!

trishkidd24

Reaction score
He is definitely a big boy...I can barely pick him up now and am waiting for the day I throw my back out while carrying him up and down the stairs! Jax's exercise is grabbing someone's shoe and then being chased around the house for it...ha ha. I do have a friend that has a Frenchie who is 3 years old and he is a big boy as well (32 pounds, I believe). We had a play date in September but Jax was just too little for him and was constantly getting pinned down. He can probably hold his own though on their next play date!
Thats great! Yeah Marg manages to pin down both of our 65 pound dogs... Obviously not because of her physical strength.. But I think the fear her ha so it is almost like the bow down to her level so they can play nice with her. She is the ruler of the house... ha