Gross - but I wonder if anyone else has this issue?

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
WARNING...not for the squemish! LOL

So Ollie has this tail that seems to be a cork screw tail, and it has a hard turn to the left as you look at it and it lies flat against his butt. Now it does move up a little, but not much! As you can guess, his poop gets stuck to it fairly often and I'm constantly having to wipe his BUTT. He gets clumps of poop stuck to the hair on his tail. Last night he came inside with a HUGE nugget of poop stuck to his butt and he came in and ploppted down on the carpet and began licking his butt trying to remove the foreign object with NO LUCK. Mommy to the rescue (laughing hysterically) I had to have my other half hold him while I pulled the poop from his butt and then wipe him clean with a baby wipe.

Does anyone else have this issue or an I just the lucky mommy that has a puppy with a weird tail that catches the poop!

:yuk:

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score

So Ollie has this tail that seems to be a cork screw tail, and it has a hard turn to the left as you look at it and it lies flat against his butt. Now it does move up a little, but not much! As you can guess, his poop gets stuck to it fairly often and I'm constantly having to wipe his BUTT. He gets clumps of poop stuck to the hair on his tail. Last night he came inside with a HUGE nugget of poop stuck to his butt and he came in and ploppted down on the carpet and began licking his butt trying to remove the foreign object with NO LUCK. Mommy to the rescue (laughing hysterically) I had to have my other half hold him while I pulled the poop from his butt and then wipe him clean with a baby wipe.

Does anyone else have this issue or an I just the lucky mommy that has a puppy with a weird tail that catches the poop!

Here's a picture of his behind....olliebutt.jpg

PSS - No he can't wag it etiher :(

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Julie, Ollie's tail looks like a straight tail to me which is my favorite tail. I will post a picture of Mack's tail (RIP sweet boy). He would lift his tail to poop and also when he was feeling important! Ruggles tail is what I call a combo (part straight, part screw) but it is mostly screw.

Attachments

• Bulldog Butts 002.JPG
    Bulldog Butts 002.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 451
  • Bulldog Butts 004.jpg
    Bulldog Butts 004.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 659

mhuinker

Reaction score
Leo has no tail! But he can wiggle a mean butt!! :) Anyway, yes, he gets a butt wipin' everytime he comes in from going lu-lu's (our word for poop) because of the way his butt sits "high" I guess is the only way to describe it, he always has a little bit left over so to speak, just a tiny bit that you can't even see, but being a MOM, I know it's there and I go after him with the baby wipes! :)

Reaction score

My boy has no tail but we do wipe his bum. Occasionally he gets a nugget. I always take a Kleenex out with my bag and it's a wipe and grab after each episode. I just love French Bulldogs! (((((Sergeant)))))

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Marg definitely has a cork screw tail... and I have to clean underneath in the tail pocket at least every couple days. Luckily now that we have her on a great dog food, her poop is solid, so there is very little that gets stuck around that area. But it does get dirty regardless so I wipe anyways just to be sure its clean. My husband has to hold the front while I clean the back (not sure why i never get to hold while he wipes lol)...

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Marg definitely has a cork screw tail... and I have to clean underneath in the tail pocket at least every couple days. Luckily now that we have her on a great dog food, her poop is solid, so there is very little that gets stuck around that area. But it does get dirty regardless so I wipe anyways just to be sure its clean. My husband has to hold the front while I clean the back (not sure why i never get to hold while he wipes lol)...

I always get a laugh out of your posts! Yeah I always get the back end and he gets the front too. Course each time I say anything about him helping me with Ollie I hear the same thing. My words come right back at me. "I want to do everything for him so he bonds to me and is my dog!" I said that to Tom the first day Ollie came home. I am the one that lost my precious Golden Retriever of 13 years and he was devoted to me and was my dog. He followed me everywhere. So when we got Ollie I wanted to make sure he bonded with me, so I took over all the feedings of all the dogs. But now anytime I need help with something, Tom looks and me and repeats my words. He smiles and of course helps me, but I always hear those words first.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
I always get a laugh out of your posts! Yeah I always get the back end and he gets the front too. Course each time I say anything about him helping me with Ollie I hear the same thing. My words come right back at me. "I want to do everything for him so he bonds to me and is my dog!" I said that to Tom the first day Ollie came home. I am the one that lost my precious Golden Retriever of 13 years and he was devoted to me and was my dog. He followed me everywhere. So when we got Ollie I wanted to make sure he bonded with me, so I took over all the feedings of all the dogs. But now anytime I need help with something, Tom looks and me and repeats my words. He smiles and of course helps me, but I always hear those words first.

Ha! Glad I can lighten up the posts with a laugh :) And we always have to be careful about what we say around men... they always use our words against us later on! ha... Whenever I have to groom or clean marg, she has an accident on the floor, or kills a Christmas decoration he always says "You wanted her, she's your dog" Ha! Its always my dog when she is misbehaving, and then "our" dog when she is being an angel (this is rare ha)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax doesn't have much of a tail but I do have to give him a wipe every so often. I just so happen to have a butt shot from over the weekend as my mom loves his little butt so I had taken a picture to send to her. I was also curious as to whether or not all Frenchies have the little swirls or if it was just Jax.

IMAG0465.jpg

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Jax doesn't have much of a tail but I do have to give him a wipe every so often. I just so happen to have a butt shot from over the weekend as my mom loves his little butt so I had taken a picture to send to her. I was also curious as to whether or not all Frenchies have the little swirls or if it was just Jax.

View attachment 1676

Marg has identical Butt Swirls :) They are long lost siblings I think... Ha I will try to get a picture this week too

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Marg has identical Butt Swirls :) They are long lost siblings I think... Ha I will try to get a picture this week too

I love his butt swirls! Jax and Marg are definitely long lost siblings!

mhuinker

Reaction score

View attachment 1676

Cutie Butt!!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Standard operating procedure.... I have an English with a very tight tail pocket.