First Christmas Casualty

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Well... we have our first Christmas decoration casualty... Unfortunately this may be one of many, since Marg seems to think the decorations were put up exclusivley for her...
He needs a few stitches, and some hot glue for his broken stick arm and ripped off buttons. Of course dad was home watching her when this happened, so naturally I blamed him for not paying enough attention to her which is why it happened :)

dead snowman.jpgdead snowman2.jpg

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Yup - it's official. We have the same dogs AND the same spouces! My other half NEVER watches the dogs or the kids carefully enough. ARG! I hope you can fix the decoration. It's looks CUTE!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I can see how Marg would be tempted by those cute ornaments. She probably just couldn't help herself!

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Ha he is fixable luckily :) I love snowman.
And when I got home from work and seen it, I think he expected me to be mad at her, but I looked right at him and told him it was his fault... ha she just wanted someone to pay attention to her so she had to do something to get his attention! ha....

Reaction score
Well... we have our first Christmas decoration casualty... Unfortunately this may be one of many, since Marg seems to think the decorations were put up exclusivley for her...
He needs a few stitches, and some hot glue for his broken stick arm and ripped off buttons. Of course dad was home watching her when this happened, so naturally I blamed him for not paying enough attention to her which is why it happened :)

View attachment 1674View attachment 1675
I decided we aren't putting a tree up this year because I know the dog will be trouble. He's never chewed anything of ours until 2 weeks ago when I opened the baby gate for the run of the house and he became captivated by my wool Persian rug and chewed the ends in 3 seconds flat. He's allergic to wool and it's the only wool in the house. I remember last year when he was only 10 weeks old he loved sitting under the tree and nosing all the hanging decorations. This year he thinks he owns the house and we're guests so I know the tree will only be a problem for me. I am hoping by next year (or at least the following year) he'll shed his alpha attitude and we can all live together and we skin people can be promoted back into our alpha position and we can enjoy a tree again because he'll stop when we ask him to. Your dog has a sweet little face so I imagine it's difficult to stay upset for long. :D

trishkidd24

Reaction score
I decided we aren't putting a tree up this year because I know the dog will be trouble. He's never chewed anything of ours until 2 weeks ago when I opened the baby gate for the run of the house and he became captivated by my wool Persian rug and chewed the ends in 3 seconds flat. He's allergic to wool and it's the only wool in the house. I remember last year when he was only 10 weeks old he loved sitting under the tree and nosing all the hanging decorations. This year he thinks he owns the house and we're guests so I know the tree will only be a problem for me. I am hoping by next year (or at least the following year) he'll shed his alpha attitude and we can all live together and we skin people can be promoted back into our alpha position and we can enjoy a tree again because he'll stop when we ask him to. Your dog has a sweet little face so I imagine it's difficult to stay upset for long. :D

Too Funny... I love the reference "skin people"... Yes this was partially my fault. I should have known better then to stand the snowman on the floor.. ha I gave her too much credit thinking she wouldn't be tempted.. pff... She hasn't ruined anything else of ours (potty training is our only complaint with her). She hasn't bothered the tree yet, other then nibbling on the branches just a little to see what they were.

She is lucky she is so darn cute :) My husband always threatens to return her because she is "broken" ha (he does this with a smile on his face of course)..

Reaction score
Too Funny... I love the reference "skin people"... Yes this was partially my fault. I should have known better then to stand the snowman on the floor.. ha I gave her too much credit thinking she wouldn't be tempted.. pff... She hasn't ruined anything else of ours (potty training is our only complaint with her). She hasn't bothered the tree yet, other then nibbling on the branches just a little to see what they were.

She is lucky she is so darn cute :) My husband always threatens to return her because she is "broken" ha (he does this with a smile on his face of course)..
An ornament is a small price to pay because I have owned dogs that have chewed through walls :yes: Yup, true. This guy destroys every toy in seconds and EATS bones and I know he could destroy my wood table in seconds but he's always been so good and only ruins his things. I was disappointed about my rug but then I thought about how lucky I have been with him and just forgave him. I was also blessed with house breaking him. He's never pooped in the house and maybe pee peed 4 or 5 times and most of those were when he was sitting waiting to go out, it just pops out and just a little bit. Now that he's older it doesn't leak out anymore when his bladder is full. He goes right to the door and yodels to go out. My husband holds my dog all the time. I work from home and he's retired so he has lots of time to hold and love the pup. My husband's way of getting my goat is not telling me he's broken but telling me how ugly he is. I tell Sarge how handsome he is all the time and my husband always says Sarge, she's lying to you, you're the homeliest mutt ever. Yeah, nice talk about your best bud. Those 2 are attached at the hip. My husband even holds him at night to watch TV. They have matching blankets for TV viewing. I recently bought a "Frenchie" made of something like an egg carton material with some looking thing around it's neck that looks like a grass skirt. I bought it from FAB. I put him on the raised hearth of the fireplace and Sarge is totally smitten with this thing. I have other dog replicas sitting around and he doesn't bother with them but he loves this Frenchie and I just know if he were left alone with her she'd be minus her grass collar and maybe a head :w00t: Good luck with your tree and MeRrY CHriStMAs!

trishkidd24

Reaction score
An ornament is a small price to pay because I have owned dogs that have chewed through walls :yes: Yup, true. This guy destroys every toy in seconds and EATS bones and I know he could destroy my wood table in seconds but he's always been so good and only ruins his things. I was disappointed about my rug but then I thought about how lucky I have been with him and just forgave him. I was also blessed with house breaking him. He's never pooped in the house and maybe pee peed 4 or 5 times and most of those were when he was sitting waiting to go out, it just pops out and just a little bit. Now that he's older it doesn't leak out anymore when his bladder is full. He goes right to the door and yodels to go out. My husband holds my dog all the time. I work from home and he's retired so he has lots of time to hold and love the pup. My husband's way of getting my goat is not telling me he's broken but telling me how ugly he is. I tell Sarge how handsome he is all the time and my husband always says Sarge, she's lying to you, you're the homeliest mutt ever. Yeah, nice talk about your best bud. Those 2 are attached at the hip. My husband even holds him at night to watch TV. They have matching blankets for TV viewing. I recently bought a "Frenchie" made of something like an egg carton material with some looking thing around it's neck that looks like a grass skirt. I bought it from FAB. I put him on the raised hearth of the fireplace and Sarge is totally smitten with this thing. I have other dog replicas sitting around and he doesn't bother with them but he loves this Frenchie and I just know if he were left alone with her she'd be minus her grass collar and maybe a head :w00t: Good luck with your tree and MeRrY CHriStMAs!
Aww Sounds like you have two wonderful men in your life! ha... yes even when they destroy something or have an accident, they are easy to forgive because of how much we love them right!

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

mhuinker

Reaction score
Uh oh, naughty CUTE little Margie! :)

I'm wondering what Leo will do, although, I'm not sure he will mess with any of the decorations on the tree, but again, I may be kidding myself!! Haha..... We put our tree up last night (not decorated), and Leo came racing out of the bedroom and stopped dead in his tracks (hard to do on a wood floor) and looked up at this enormous tree in his living room as if to say "what on earth is that thing doing in here" It was really funny.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
I put the tree up in this little cove next to the staircase and then I put up a baby gate in front of it because Ollie kept going under the tree and knocking down the ornaments and the glass ball broke and shattered all over the floor so up went the baby gate. I knew the puppy and the tree were not going to live peacefully. LOL

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Ha we have not yet put up ornaments so maybe before I say she hasn't bothered with it yet, I should wait until we put up ornaments tonight ha. She is naughty... but cute ha

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Poor Frosty! I would hide the angel and quick otherwise, Marg may get coal in her stocking

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
I put the ornament Michelle and Leo gave me up high on the tree otherwise Cosette will attack it again.
What goes through their little minds?
Answer: way too much!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
We'll be getting our tree this weekend and I am curious as to what Jax is going to do. He is a rascal and likes to get into things he shouldn't (I recently had to get rid of a plant that was on our living room floor) so I do imagine him grabbing any low hanging ornaments.