chowder the pee pad killer + snuggle puppy humper :)

tonytones

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry im jumping around the threads everywhere today asking millions of questions (just got back from a business trip in NY to find chowder learning new habits)

So he picked up the habit of making his "LITTER MATE," his snuggle puppy whos been with him since day 1 to be his little girlfriend. Its not like he goes crazy for him, but when he wants to he will drag the snuggle puppy out of the crate and start making love like crazy. Is this normal for a 12 week puppy? hes been acting a bit more dominant these days. what are some things my girlfriend and I can do to make sure he knows we are his pack leader.

second when we leave him @ home while were at work he start going crazy with the pee pads. He doesnt really rip them up, but he will push it up and crunch them. Is there anyway we can stop him from doing that? Hes been good with pee pads, in a week he gets to go outside and handle his busineess (gets his 3rd parvo shot next week)

let me know if you guys have any input on both things. thank you!

eeturk

Reaction score
Hudson didn't start humping anything until around 7 months and he still hasn't done it to any inanimate objects, so no help from me there.

The thing that helped us with the potty pads was buying a potty pad holder. It's like a silicone mat and you push the potty pad corners into it and it holds it. Also prevents spills off of the potty pad. I got it at petco, I want to say it is the wee wee pad brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lkclark

Reaction score
Bear shreds his pads if they aren't in a holder.

As to the humping, I can't comment because Bear doesn't hump yet. Lol.

tonytones

Reaction score
im in trouble my innocent boy is turning into a creep man hahahhaha

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax humped pretty early on, toys, me, my mom, etc. He calmed down with that after getting neutered. Usually when they start ripping the pee pads, it's because they don't need them anymore.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
They will hump things, and when you catch them, just tell them NO!!, do it every time and they will get the message, that's not accepted behavior. We but the cotton puppy pads and they don't tear them up. They are washable and last a long time. Google "breeders pads" the ones we buy are white cotton and have a light blue bottom.