New Frenchie Owner

HEquestrian

Reaction score
I brought home a frenchie puppy this weekend and couldn't be happier. Her name is Stella and she is 14 weeks old and cute as can be. She is full of personality and steals everyone that meets hers heart. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406766828.301387.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406766836.217019.jpg

Being relatively new to the breed I am unsure if she is just a really small frenchie or normal - she is only 4.5 lbs. Thoughts? How big was your frenchie when they were this age?

MamaAndi

Reaction score
She is beautiful! I really don't remember how big Stella was when she was young but I do know she is just a shade under 20lbs now at 2 years old. :)
Welcome to FBN!

HEquestrian

Reaction score
She is beautiful! I really don't remember how big Stella was when she was young but I do know she is just a shade under 20lbs now at 2 years old. :)
Welcome to FBN!

My pups name is Stella too (forgot to share her name in my first post. 20lbs seems manageable. And thanks! She's a good pup.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and your baby is a cutie. She is going to be a small girl. I have 6 week old pups that are 5 pounds already. :)

anns4boys

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I am a new frenchie owner too and my husband and boys wanted me to name my baby Stella, lol. I choose Tallulah. I am head of heels in love with her and she has been giving us all great joy. My baby is small too, was only 3 pounds when I took her home at almost 12 weeks. She was the runt of the litter, her littermates were twice the size of her. She is now 17 weeks and although she has grown tremendously, she is still small at just 6 pounds. Not sure if she is ever going to "catch up" but I don't care. Life as a new frenchie owner has been interesting. Warning, do not go out in public if you are in a rush - you will not be able to go anywhere with your baby without being stopped! Good luck and welcome!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! Jax was 9.5 pounds when we got him at about 10 1/2 weeks. He is now 1 and ranges anywhere between 29 - 32 pounds but he is on more of the bigger size.

FrenchieDante

Reaction score
Your baby is adorable! According to my vet, Frenchie's range in terms of shape & size -- so don't worry. DantΓ© was three pounds one week and seven the next!!!

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I am a new frenchie owner too and my husband and boys wanted me to name my baby Stella, lol. I choose Tallulah. I am head of heels in love with her and she has been giving us all great joy. My baby is small too, was only 3 pounds when I took her home at almost 12 weeks. She was the runt of the litter, her littermates were twice the size of her. She is now 17 weeks and although she has grown tremendously, she is still small at just 6 pounds. Not sure if she is ever going to "catch up" but I don't care. Life as a new frenchie owner has been interesting. Warning, do not go out in public if you are in a rush - you will not be able to go anywhere with your baby without being stopped! Good luck and welcome!

Good advise and OH SO TRUE! LOL

Tuko

Reaction score
Hello! Stella is so cute!! I hope you will continue to share more pictures and stories of your pretty girl. I'm not sure about size because I'm a new frenchie owner too, but my pup was 9lbs at 15 weeks.

kim

Reaction score
Welcome! Your baby is adorable.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Welcome to FBN!! Stella is a cutie and a petite little girl, just like my Molly (21 lbs & 5 yrs old).

:welcome3: