Fromm dry food

EnzosDad

Reaction score
So I went to my local Hollistic pet store and the employees told me a lot of frenchie owners buy Fromm dog food. I have read on various frenchie forums and websites that Fromm is one of the best foods for frenchies. And I see a lot of people on here use it. My frenchie has a little dandruff and my pug has soft stools on Blue grain free puppy. Do you think Fromm will make a difference? Why do you guys on here recommend it? I am using Fromm Gold Puppy until he is 8 months and I will switch to Fromm grain free. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

mhuinker

Reaction score
I use Fromm and though it is a bit more expensive, I see an improvement in their coats and they also no longer lick their legs! Yah! :) So, I would definitely recommend it!! :) I feed the grain free, pork and peas for Leo and the Salmon Tunalini for Molly and occassionaly will mix them together. Their previous food was also grain free, but had potato in it, which can be "yeasty" and I believe that may be why they were constantly bothered by their legs and licking them all the time. That has stopped completely! :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We put our pups on FROMM Puppy Gold, until around 7 months, then switch to FROMM 4 star grain free. We have tried several foods in the past for out English and Frenchies, and FROMM seems to work the best for them. They are on Pork and Peas at the moment. We fried the Beef Frittata and our English started itching on it, but are doing fine on the others.

EnzosDad

Reaction score
Thank you. How about Merrick? It rates as a 5 star food when Fromm is a 4-4.5 on dogfoodadvisor.com

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

mmclean

Reaction score
I tried Merrick but I think it may have been too high in protein, or something. Radar would throw up while on it and his stools were soft. He is now on natural balance limited ingredient and is having no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I also feed Fromm Pork and Peas (grain free). Merrick is a good food as well, but I have no experience with it

suebee

Reaction score
When I got Frankie he was on Royal Canin and was (a bit) paw chewy and full of BAD gas! I was worried about getting him on a quality food that might be too high in protein. Fromm seemed to be right in the range of protein that he needed. I slowly transitioned him to Fromm and through trial and error found that not only grains, but also chicken seemed to cause problems. I started him on the Gold Puppy but he still had horrible gas. He is now on grain free Pork and Peas and the Beef Fritatta. I top his evening meal with a large spoonful of the canned pork (which smells good enough for people to eat!) Over the course of about 3 weeks his poos became much less frequent and no longer were "gooey." Foot chewing is almost non-existant, no more red skin and best of all absolutely no more gas!! An added bonus was that he has super soft fur with shedding tremendously decreased. So far, Fromm is the one for Frankie! (By the way - write to them if you have questions - they will respond within hours. And the company is family owned, made in USA, and I found no recalls on their products.) Hope this helps!