Need help with itchy skin

Russell Primm

Reaction score
01aeaa0f282e3246e9f209e2db55141c.jpg

This is my poor baby. He is covered in spots all over his bell, legs, sides, and around his ears where the hair has fallen out and them itch. He doesn't scratch all the time, but just earlier he stated shaking his head and pawing at his ear. The spot in the picture is the only one he has on his back, and its the worst looking one on his entire body. I've been doing research for going on 1 1/2 years now, but haven't found anything that has gotten rid of the spots. I've managed to keep them from getting worse, but can't get rid of them. My female has itchy bumps on her body too, but her hair doesn't fall out like his does. I hope someone can help me figure out what these little devils are, I want to cure my babies!

Brittany Ernst

Reaction score
You might want to visit the vet. It could be a skin infection or mites or a million other things. Rootbeer has a bacterial skin infection right and it looks similar to this, red spots with thinning hair and crusty stuff.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Looks like a hot spot, try to cut the hair around it and wash with antibacterial soap, then keep dry. These are caused by allergies, and most of the time it's food related. What food are you feeding your babies?

FrenchieDante

Reaction score
The crusty blisters make me think it's not a hot spot. What has the vet said?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
01aeaa0f282e3246e9f209e2db55141c.jpg

This is my poor baby. He is covered in spots all over his bell, legs, sides, and around his ears where the hair has fallen out and them itch. He doesn't scratch all the time, but just earlier he stated shaking his head and pawing at his ear. The spot in the picture is the only one he has on his back, and its the worst looking one on his entire body. I've been doing research for going on 1 1/2 years now, but haven't found anything that has gotten rid of the spots. I've managed to keep them from getting worse, but can't get rid of them. My female has itchy bumps on her body too, but her hair doesn't fall out like his does. I hope someone can help me figure out what these little devils are, I want to cure my babies!

Looks like a hot spot, try to cut the hair around it and wash with antibacterial soap, then keep dry. These are caused by allergies, and most of the time it's food related. What food are you feeding your babies?

David has you covered... shave the area.. let the air hit it so it will dry up and keep it clean. Also, agree - it is most likely food related issue

Schimpfy

Reaction score
food and shampoo and seasonaI aIIergies can be the cause, so sorry your baby is going thru this hopefuIIy it gets worked out soon - we feed ours Fromm puppy due to his aIIergies

Russell Primm

Reaction score
I feed both my babies Fromm 4 star, pork and peas. I know for a fact its not food related. I've already gotten the $300 food allergy test for them both. Neither one is allergic to anything food related. It's not a hot spot, the bump looks more like a really crusty mole. And the spot in the picture isn't loosing any hair. I've been rubbing coconut oil on them both. Most the spots on his body haven't gotten any worse, they have lost all their hair and seem to be growing it back. The spot on his back has even went down some. But I know, like always, as soon as I think its gone and everything is great, a new one will pop up and I'll be back to square one. I want to end this horrible cycle once and for all.

mmclean

Reaction score
Just a weird random question, is this maybe showing up during flea season? Could it be a reaction to something biting him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petspa

Reaction score
Well it appears to be a fungal is what is looks to be iv dealt with several frenchies and seen several cases of skin related problems. That I'm pretty sure we can go ahead and rule out the food allergies, and hot spots but with that I'd like to thank everyone's help thank you all!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I feed both my babies Fromm 4 star, pork and peas. I know for a fact its not food related. I've already gotten the $300 food allergy test for them both. Neither one is allergic to anything food related. It's not a hot spot, the bump looks more like a really crusty mole. And the spot in the picture isn't loosing any hair. I've been rubbing coconut oil on them both. Most the spots on his body haven't gotten any worse, they have lost all their hair and seem to be growing it back. The spot on his back has even went down some. But I know, like always, as soon as I think its gone and everything is great, a new one will pop up and I'll be back to square one. I want to end this horrible cycle once and for all.

Has your vet tested for staph infection?

🆕 Latest posts