Eventful Weekend!

shortstuff

Reaction score
I just wanted to share a bit of our weekend since it was pretty eventful! Joel and I took the girls home this weekend to celebrate my, my mom's, and my dad's birthday. We stayed with my parents and Bisou spent her first two nights not confined to an area! She slept in bed with us and did SO GOOD! :wiggle: All night, she slept between us without incident, even sleeping under the covers for a bit. I'm so, so happy!!!

We went over to our family friend's house who has this little turd of a dog that is quite a bully to Shasta. Abby is always attacking Shasta, biting her heels and nipping her face whenever she can. Shasta refuses to stand up for herself and just takes the abuse. Well... Bisou is rather headstrong and plays rough, so we were curious to see how she'd do with Abby. BISOU SCARED THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF HER! :lmao: Abby got a taste of her own medicine as Bisou chased her all around the house trying to play with her.

They got into a few little tiffs with behavior I hadn't ever seen before... Abby would jump up on the couch, look down on Bisou, then they'd start barking at each other, open their mouths, and slap the sides of their heads against each other while barking. Reading their body language, Bisou was trying to play and just mimicking Abby, but Abby was not happy and was trying to be dominant. Poor little Bisou has such a hard time with dogs telling her no and continues playing because that's what Shasta has taught her. Shasta says no and then 30 seconds later starts to play. So Bisou was trying this with Abby, and didn't pay attention when Abby wanted nothing to do with her. Is this whole head banging thing normal, or is this a behavior we should have attempted to discourage? We wanted to let them hash it out in doggy language, but Abby's "mom" was so freaked out by it and wanted to make them stop. They didn't hurt each other, just sort of smacked each other around with their faces...

Anyways, after all this, Bisou was so tired that she passed out in our arms, which she doesn't often do.

She climbed up into Joel's lap while we were playing board games and out she went!
1115142258c.jpg

The next morning, she chose my lap after breakfast to pass out in. And yes, she looks much more massive in my lap than she does in Joel's... I'm only 5'0" 100 lbs, so I make her look like a giant!
IMG_20141117_111620.jpg

FrenchieDante

Reaction score
Dogs act differently when they're not in a neutral area. Dante seems to get a little more dominant in his own home when other dogs come over and vice versa. They're thinking "Hey, why are you here playing with all my stuff?" Dogs aren't inclined to share.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
What a sweetie sleeping in mama and daddy's arms. They will play and play fight with each other, abd when they get too loud, it's time to stop them. Glad they had a good time on the trip.

Tgirl

Reaction score
Those pictures are adorable. It is funny how much bigger she looks in the pictures with you. What a little sweetie! All that excitement wore here out.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Sounds like your baby had a fun time and played and behaved well!

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! Can't believe the pics. and the size difference of her in each pic! I sometimes think dogs need to work things out in dog ways, with supervison of course. I'm sure she had a great time!

Schimpfy

Reaction score
You should be very proud of Bisou and great pics perhaps she wiII faII asIeep on you guys more often now - stiII waiting for that magical moment myseIf

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
that is an eventful weekend.... love the pics and glad all went well

Frenchie Mommy

Reaction score
What a gorgeous but tired girl. Sounds like she had a great time in spite of another dog wanting to show off, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk