Frenchie ears

Elyciamarie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m sure this has been posted before but I can’t seem to find a straight answer on the internet so I am hoping all of you can help me!

I have a new frenchie who just turned 3 months old. Her ears went up last week and since then they have begun to fall, yesterday she had one ear up and one ear down and now both ears are back down and floppy. They have no stood back up. Is this normal for frenchies ears to go up and back down within days?

Thanks everyone in advance. :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN.... yes, teething can cause the ear to drop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elyciamarie

Reaction score
Thank you!! Happy to be here. I just got my first frenchie so this account will be super helpful!! Thanks for all the valuable information you have on this website.
Also thanks for your fast response. That makes me feel better. I was worried something was wrong, I didn’t know their ears could fall back down. Is there anything that helps them stand back up?

Thanks again :D

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you!! Happy to be here. I just got my first frenchie so this account will be super helpful!! Thanks for all the valuable information you have on this website.
Also thanks for your fast response. That makes me feel better. I was worried something was wrong, I didn’t know their ears could fall back down. Is there anything that helps them stand back up?

Thanks again :D
[MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] ... can correct me, but you can use plain Greek yogurt if you want, but mostly, they just pop back up when teething is done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, could be teething. I have heard of adding in the Greek yogurt for calcium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LouisDad

Reaction score
Neither of Louis's are floppy, they have always been erect.

However, he holds them differently. One I guess you would call "normal". Full mobility, pulls it back when he's excited, etc.

The other one I call his lazy ear. It just doesn't move like the other one, like his muscles have less control of it. The cartilage also is not as firm as the other one

If he's perked up they are tall, erect, on top of his head and you can't tell a difference, but if he's relaxed it will droop a little to the side of his head.

He's 7.5 months now. I assume it will change as his muscles develope and his cartilage hardens

LouisDad

Reaction score
Here's a good picture of lazy ear.

If someone knocked on the door, or he saw another dog from across the yard, he would perk them both up, and you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

PXL_20210222_014757038.PORTRAIT.jpg

Elyciamarie

Reaction score
ADORABLE!!!
Thanks for sharing. When Roo gets excited hers pop back up but they go back down. They haven’t gone back up yet but that’s okay! :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Once they finish teething, the ears should go up by themselves.