Happy New Year!

Nicole G

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I hope you're all having a good New Year! We've been so busy we haven't been posting much. I really have to post some of the Christmas photos I took of Ellie at some point! I dressed her up in a Santa hat and an elf dress...thank goodness she's so tolerant!

So we have some big news...Ella is going to be a big sister! Her sister's name is Kali - I always loved that name and it seems to suit her. She is a fawn carrier with a black mask and dark ears. They look so cute together and the breeder actually let me bring Ella to see how they would feel about each other (neutral ground) - aside from being fairly indifferent at first, they went, sniffed each other and went back to wandering around. I am so hopeful that they'll be close. We were originally going to get a boy just to have one of each but I felt like Ella would do better with another female, so here she is!

Kali is too young to go outside as she has not had all her puppy shots yet, and also, not exactly helpful to the situation, we just got a good 6-inches of snow outside. So we're going to have to pad train and then start teaching her to go outside. Has anyone had any experience with that? Ella came home with all shots and also in the late summer, so I've never wee-wee pad trained a puppy than switched to outside training before.

We are so excited to have two Frenchies running around! I've really wanted to do this for awhile and these two are perfect for each other. What a way to start off a New Year!

IMG_8912.JPG IMG_8914.JPG

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new baby! They will be best friends and keep each other exercised and entertained! We got Buster in the cold winter so we used potty pads at first. We took them away when he started playing with and shredding them. They have washable cloth ones now that wouldn't shred so easily. As it warmed up Buster followed his big brother outside to potty, Your girls will probably do the same!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
What a precious little girl.... congrats on your new baby!

Happy New Year

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Happy New Year, and congrats on your new pup, what a cutie pie. :heart:

Nicole G

Reaction score
Thank you all - she is adorable, isn't she? I can't wait to see how they play together.

One other question (I know this may sound weird) - is there anything I have to worry about them transmitting (germ-wise) to each other? They both are healthy but Kali doesn't have a few of her boosters yet.

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Congrats!! Kali is gorgeous!!

I found our BT who is 4 years older than Wally helped train him to be potty trained. He just followed her outside. Mind you, we got him in the summer so it made it much easier.

If Ellie has all her shots then Kali will be fine. Enjoy them!!!

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
What a beautiful baby!!!! So exciting for you. Congratulations. If she comes to you with Giardia then your other dog can possibly get it.

Nicole G

Reaction score
Thank you all again! She is such a sweetie. Less than 24 hours in the house and I'm already in love with her. She's currently getting a time out after getting a little too rough during play, lol.

Ella and her haven't actually played together yet. We made a vet appt. for today so after they give her a once over, than we know everyone's healthy and good to go. I probably worry too much, haha! But the one thing that concerns me is that Ell seems a bit confused by her - no growling or snapping at each other, just Ell seeming a little tense and nervous around her. Ell has never been aggressive towards anybody, dog or human, but I just don't want anyone to hurt anyone else.

I'm so hoping that they get along. I feel a bit guilty given how close Ell and I are - but I think having a friend will enrich her life so much.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations! She is adorable.

I would just suggest to not leave them alone together and to make sure that Ella gets some "special" time with you. I puppy sat a 3 month old English Bulldog back in October and Jax hated all of the puppy play and snapped at him sometimes, which is good because the puppy needs to know what is acceptable and what is not. But I never left them alone together. I've heard it could take several weeks for the first dog to get used to and "like" a second one.