Hi all, I’ve adopted a six month old Frenchie called Bonnie

BellaMay

Reaction score
Hi everyone
this is Bonnie, I’ve had her one week and she is 6 months old
a little rescue girl. I’m hoping to get some advice and help on this forum.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• A244D551-3045-4DF4-B8F7-310769C556D4.jpeg
    A244D551-3045-4DF4-B8F7-310769C556D4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! If you have any questions, ask away.

BellaMay

Reaction score
Bonnie is not keen on going walkies. We only manage about 5 mins then she runs back to the house. I’ve had her a week so I know we’ve got to take it a day at a time. This afternoon I walked her round the garden on her lead and she was fine

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
That is very common in puppies. And since you've only had her for a week, it will definitely take some time. Just keep taking her out for short periods and walk her around in the garden. You can also put the lead on in the house and walk her around there too just to get her used to it.

I have 4 dogs (1 Frenchie and 3 Bulldogs) and I remember all of them as puppies would take awhile before they would actually walk on the lead. It was baby steps and took a bit just to get them down the driveway. My youngest literally wouldn't take 2 steps until she was 6 months old.

Patience and consistency!

Jeffc

Reaction score
Welcome, that’s really awesome you adopted her and gave her a good forever home.

BellaMay

Reaction score
Welcome, that’s really awesome you adopted her and gave her a good forever home.
Thank you. She’s had a rough start, bless her and is so frightened of everything. Her favourite thing is to snuggle up next to me on the settee and gnaw on her Yak chew.

🆕 Latest posts