High energy 9 month old Frenchie

Finnymgoo

Reaction score
Finny muddy mess.jpgFinn with binky.jpg

Hello everyone! Just joined! QQ has anyone utilized doggie daycares for high energy Frenchie? I see both negative and positive feedback. We have a large fenced yard and he does play all day and goes for walks but still does not sleep throughout the night and wakes up at 3am with zoomies. I was thinking about trying a doggie daycare for more socialization and burn more energy for him. We have 2 other doggies a poodle and another frenchie which he also plays with but wears them out...lol! He is very entertaining and we love him as our child but he can be destructive at times...lol!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
A true frenchie.... on-stop energy! LOL I have a 12 year old that still thinks he is a 2 year old.

I used to use a dog daycare years ago for my bulldogs, I actually even worked there for four years. I would not recommend taking him every day, but a few days or even just half days a week might not be bad. Make sure the facility is familiar with bulldog breeds to ensure they monitor for breathing and over heating.

Finnymgoo

Reaction score
Great!! Thank you for your feedback especially coming from someone that has worked at one makes me feel better! The doggie daycare I am inquiring about mentioned that they would only keep him for a 1/2 day because of just that, pushed in nose and breathing concerns. Thanks again!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Great!! Thank you for your feedback especially coming from someone that has worked at one makes me feel better! The doggie daycare I am inquiring about mentioned that they would only keep him for a 1/2 day because of just that, pushed in nose and breathing concerns. Thanks again!
Perfect! be sure you monitor him after each day he goes... watch for any change in behavior Just to be sure he is adjusting OK and not over doing it or picking up bad habits from the school yard kids ;)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW... my girl was a 63lb beeotch on wheels, she would come home and sleep for two days after being there, but all she did was "police" the other dogs. She was nick-named 'storm-trooper" due to he coloring and attitude. She actually ended up getting kicked out because she wasn't a fan of long hair breeds so she was banished. She didn't attack, but she would not leave them alone. My boy was a wall flower, but since he was awake all day and his mind occupied with dog watching, he would also sleep for like two days after being there... they both just wanted to eat and sleep .

Finnymgoo

Reaction score
lol!!! Funny, I hope Finn doesn't get kicked out, he is a social butterfly and sometimes a very annoying social butterfly. Storm trooper would definitely fit him too just for the attitude. Got to love them!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Christine gave you great advice. Jax used to go to daycare when he was younger and they would always put him in with the big dogs. He would also sleep for like 2 days afterwards. My bulldog Louie got kicked out of 2 daycares. I now have 4 dogs so am my own daycare lol.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Christine gave you great advice. Jax used to go to daycare when he was younger and they would always put him in with the big dogs. He would also sleep for like 2 days afterwards. My bulldog Louie got kicked out of 2 daycares. I now have 4 dogs so am my own daycare lol.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I totally forgot about Louie getting booted! Banks was only allowed in the littles section for awhile because she behaved in there… she would sit on the top of a slide and watch(obsessively) the big sections. She got removed for trying to get through the fencing πŸ˜¬πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I totally forgot about Louie getting booted! Banks was only allowed in the littles section for awhile because she behaved in there… she would sit on the top of a slide and watch(obsessively) the big sections. She got removed for trying to get through the fencing πŸ˜¬πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Louie would corner the dogs trying to make them play lol

πŸ†• Latest posts