Home made recipes

Bullyfam1217

Reaction score
Currently looking around for the best frenchie home made recipes. Of course I know one set diet isnā€™t going to work for every frenchie. I have a small and compact female that has a sensitive stomach along with extreme gas. I also have a fluffy male who was have skin issues(bumpy skin) but iā€™ve seem to have got that over control with supplements. I am hoping for suggestions to meal prep from them weekly. Hoping to find something that works on a spectrum for the both of them but again of course Iā€™m open to different additives based on eachā€™s individual needs. I have perviously meal prepped weekly for my American Bullies but thee recipes I used for them have different ingredients and larger quantities. (Not everything would be acceptable for our frenchies. ) So any help is appreciated! Thank you everyone in advance!

Rustyā€™s Owner

Reaction score
Currently looking around for the best frenchie home made recipes. Of course I know one set diet isnā€™t going to work for every frenchie. I have a small and compact female that has a sensitive stomach along with extreme gas. I also have a fluffy male who was have skin issues(bumpy skin) but iā€™ve seem to have got that over control with supplements. I am hoping for suggestions to meal prep from them weekly. Hoping to find something that works on a spectrum for the both of them but again of course Iā€™m open to different additives based on eachā€™s individual needs. I have perviously meal prepped weekly for my American Bullies but thee recipes I used for them have different ingredients and larger quantities. (Not everything would be acceptable for our frenchies. ) So any help is appreciated! Thank you everyone in advance!

For frenchies(and dogs in general),
Raw diet is best , have you thought about feeding raw diet? Thatā€™s the best for them especially since they are prone to health issues, and diet is the main factor to prevent and treat health issues.
Next best is a balanced homemade.
Dogs Naturally magazine has balanced homemade and raw diet recipes which Are good.

These recipes you can cook or feed raw(there is other protein recipes too):

I Highly recommend Rotating proteins to prevent new food allergies.
Rusty became allergic to pork from eating it 60 days in a row without variety, now he is severely allergic to pork!

I recommend staying away from chicken, and rotate Thru other proteins as much as you can.
I rotate thru 5 different premade raw foods in 1 week cause every protein has its own benefits too, but I rotate thru the 5 different raw formulas in 1 week cause he likes variety(rotating also prevents picky eaters- would you want to eat the same thing every day??), but Rusty is extra picky for why I rotate that much in a week.

However, you can always do 1 week of a protein and then the next week is something else, or however it works for you, I recommend at least 3-4 proteins to rotate thru a month, the more the better.

Do you have any premade raw diet available to you at any pet store or local delivery?

Where are you located?
I can recommend some good premade brands.

I find itā€™s cheaper to buy the premade raw and probably would be the same as making the raw recipes I linked above from dogs naturally.
When I was cooking for Rusty, it took LOTS of time, but it costed over $300 per month to cook for him.
The raw I pay less than half of that to buy the premade raw and I am giving him more variety with the raw, and itā€™s balanced.

There is also Raised Right Gently cooked human grade for dogs, thatā€™s a good one and itā€™s premade too. But that can be expensive and hard to get sometimes and I found since he developed allergy to pork, there was only 2 proteins I can rotate thru which In my opinion isnā€™t enough variety.

Also If your cooking for them there is some websites with ā€˜Unbalanced ā€˜recipes, and I highly recommend staying away from Rice, potatoes, and legumes and some squash, those can cause yeast and be highly inflammatory to these dogs especially since they are prone to health issues and with allergies I recommend avoiding all the carbs as that feeds the yeast that are a issue with dogs with allergies.

And I recommend Avoiding added vitamins/minerals and vitamin minerals supplements as itā€™s synthetic vitamins can definitely be a issue and can imbalance the diet(they could get excess or less if a mineral for example).

Cause cooking at high temperatures can lose the Nutrients and synthetic vitamins arenā€™t good for dogs with allergies cause most of them isnā€™t absorbed and it can create inflammation and allergies and crystals/stones in the urine.

What supplements did you find that worked for the bumpy skin?

Bovine colostrum is great for allergies , omega 3(I give Four Leaf Rover Safe Sea cause green lipped mussel oil is less likely to go rancid and cause inflammation).
Probiotics are really beneficial to for allergies. I buy Four Leaf Rover brand (Gut Guard and Protect probiotics) for Rusty and my other dog gets Adored Beast Brand probiotics(all of them I rotate thru).

I recommend avoiding recipes with corn, cottage cheese(some online dog recipes do say to add it), grains also avoid cause can be inflammatory and cause health issues especially for allergies. Yogurt and any milk avoid as well can cause health issues from inflammation.

What are they eating now?

pespejo427

Reaction score
I recently stopped giving Piglet canned dog food. I found it was causing her to have loose stools. She is still getting kibble in the morning with some sort of toping. For her evening meal, I have been making patties, alternating the protein. So far I have tried turkey beef, and lamb. The meats I use are ground, and the salmon is from a 15 oz can. I usually add about 1/2 cup of plain bread crumbs and 1 egg. I boil a sweet potato, carrots, maybe butternut squash, spinach, and occasionally green beans until they are soft and mash them up before adding them to the patties. So far she seems to like the salmon and the lamb best. Her stools have firmed up quite a bit with only a loose stools very rarely. I have also been making my own beef jerky for her. That seems to be her favorite treat. She pretty much turns her nose up at any other treat.

šŸ†• Latest posts