Irritated, wet skin fold area.

Carlsmom

Reaction score
Gosh, you guys sure save me a lot on vet bills! LOL -:D

So Banks, my cream Frenchie, has struggled with tear stains since a couple months old. He’s tried a million different foods, I’ve cleaned the area with everything suggested, but no such luck. When he got neutered the vet was actually going to flush his tear ducts; but determined they were sooooo small he wasn’t able to even touch them. With this, his eyes create a lot of tears, which spill over into his rear stain area.

Lately, the area looks sore to me. Almost as the constant mostiure has irritated his skin - quite red, maybe a tad swollen, and there was a dot of blood too, just as I was doing my daily dry off with a soft cloth.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what to clean and soothe this sensitive area around his eye? I will of course take him to the vet eventually if it gets worse, but thought maybe some home remedies would do the trick :)

As always... Thank you!!!!

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
This is what I use on the wrinkle that the eye drains into, about every 2 days:
1)Wet a round cosmetic pad with water and put on a dab of Curaseb or Ketohex shampoo and wipe out wrinkle
2)Wipe out wrinkle a second time with a wet round cosmetic pad without shampoo
3)Dry out wrinkle with a dry round cosmetic pad
4)If irritated, I put on some zinc oxide ointment at end

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
This is what I use on the wrinkle that the eye drains into, about every 2 days:
1)Wet a round cosmetic pad with water and put on a dab of Curaseb or Ketohex shampoo and wipe out wrinkle
2)Wipe out wrinkle a second time with a wet round cosmetic pad without shampoo
3)Dry out wrinkle with a dry round cosmetic pad
4)If irritated, I put on some zinc oxide ointment at end

Yep!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GraciesMom

Reaction score
Another thing that I often try with red, irritated or infected skin is vitamin e oil. A vet originally suggested it for moisturizing my pug's dry nose because it would not harm him if he licked the area. But I've since used it for many other things -- it's very versatile.

d00ditsjake

Reaction score
Does Banks ever rub their face on any rugs or carpet? Bo has down this and it has caused lots of irritation, red, had some little blood. So I when I first noticed it I just cleaned it out and made sure it was dry. Then I got some natural dog company wrinkle balm and it got better within the first day of putting some in his skin fold. Would highly recommend trying that out.
Before
IMG_7159.jpg

After
IMG_7272.jpg

Cindylee38

Reaction score
I have tried using the Malectic wipes on my 6 month old boy. He did not seem to like them and would rub his face all over the carpet afterwards. Since then I have been using non alcoholic baby wipes and then drying afterwards with a towel. His folds still appear red and irritated. I'm not sure if a vet visit should be the next step?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried using the Malectic wipes on my 6 month old boy. He did not seem to like them and would rub his face all over the carpet afterwards. Since then I have been using non alcoholic baby wipes and then drying afterwards with a towel. His folds still appear red and irritated. I'm not sure if a vet visit should be the next step?

The male tic wipes are a better option, but can you post a picture of his face/folds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I never liked the smell of the malectic wipes. I use Chlorhexidine wipes on my guys face and folds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🆕 Latest posts