Recommendations please

Strawberrygiraffe

Reaction score
So as everyone knows, Ron had his nares and pallet done this year and considering how bad his breathing was, it’s great now.
when he’s indoors or running around the garden with his siblings, no wheeze or problems at all. He runs around like a looney and has a great time.
But as soon as I get his lead out he starts getting over excited and out of breath. By the time we are out the door and 2 min walk to the fields he is wheezing and puffing. He has to sit down ( he’s only just 2) and catch his breath multiple times.
We took them to the beach today and it was so sad. He was dashing around then wheezing having to rest
His recovery is much quicker than before the surgery but it is still a worry. I’m wondering if maybe using a calming remedy prior to walks may help to calm him. Or is it back under the knife?
I’m worried about walking him so it’s becoming a viscous circle.
A9E45673-8751-436D-86E6-B70C4142C19A.jpg

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION]

antbkny

Reaction score
sounds like over stimulation, has he been out much? it could be that hes over excited.

Strawberrygiraffe

Reaction score
I thought that so have tried to stay really calm and chilled when getting ready but to no avail.
Tried walking him on his own so no undue stimulation no avail
Tried to walk him around the block before going to the holy grail of the park no avail.
Tried more walks and even less walks no avail.
It’s such a shame because Doris is so healthy no hint of breathing issues, and will run for miles and poor old Ron is desperate to play when they are out.
Hoping someone may have any tips or hints to try.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
He is over stimulated... Cheli sometimes gets like this too... i don't do it much but for his health - i have given him a Benedryl about 20-30 minutes before going for walk or rides. He gets so excited I'm afraid he will pass out... the Benedryl is a little calming and helps keep the mucus from building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk