Skin allergies

Grogusmum

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a very handsome pooch named grogu. Grogu is 3 and for the last 6 months has been suffering with spots on his muzzle area, hotspots and blisters on his paws. As a result he’s licking a lot and taken some of the fur off his paws. We’ve tried eliminating certain foods and oils. Black seed oil and probiotics and he’s in a cone practically full time. They just keep coming. The only thing I can think is affecting him is possibly his raw diet that we get from Bella and duke and the working tablet he had 6+ months ago.
We’ve been to the vet who gave him steroids and antibiotics but they were only affective short term.
Can anyone relate or have any advice to the above?
I should also say they go and then come back again.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpeg
    IMG_0502.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried different proteins chicken and beef tend to be hot meats for many. Are there potato’s in the food/treats? Also for a probiotic try refrigerated sauerkraut just a fork full seems his immune system needs a boost

Grogusmum

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for replying. We’ve just adjusted his Bella and duke order and taken poultry out. I will check for potatoes in treats and start giving him sauerkraut.
❤️

Triggythefrenchie

Reaction score
Hey. I am having the exact same issue!
He is constantly with a cone as he is scratching his ears till they bleed and he chews his paws so much. In regards to helping soothe this try and soak/bathe in Epsom salts and use cotton wool on the hotspots on the face soaked in warm water and the salts! Hope this helps

Grogusmum

Reaction score
Hi, sorry to hear this! It’s so stressful is it?
I’m yet to try Epsom salts on him so thank you for the tip. Apple cider vinegar does help as does coconut oil and castor oil on the hotspots however the moment the cone comes off for us to cuddle or him to eat and drink he makes himself bleed 😩
Vets again on Tuesday 🤦‍♀️