Tail Pocket concern

Nicole G

Reaction score
Has anyone else's baby ever had a slightly red, aggravated tail pocket? I clean it twice a week, but I noticed last night that it seems a little red and damp inside. I wiped it out again and noticed there seemed to be hair stuck inside it (sorry to be gross!). Should I be worried? She's always had a bit of a yeast issue with it, but it never was a problem before. It's funny - I know Frenchie owners who never clean it and tell me it's nothing to worry about and they never have a problem. Poor baby. Could it be an allergy thing?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
What are you cleaning it with? Also, the redness, does it have any yellow or puss like discharge from it?

Nicole G

Reaction score
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] Usually a damp cloth or an unscented baby wipe. I'm going to say it looks a little "oozy" maybe? Not a lot but hers is quite deep so it's a bit hard to tell. She is going to the vet in a few days but is there anything I can do to soothe it in the meantime?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
@2bullymama Usually a damp cloth or an unscented baby wipe. I'm going to say it looks a little "oozy" maybe? Not a lot but hers is quite deep so it's a bit hard to tell. She is going to the vet in a few days but is there anything I can do to soothe it in the meantime?

can you get a picture of it and post? I'm concerned it may be infected and if it is you want to get her to the vet sooner than a few days

Nicole G

Reaction score
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] I can't get a picture but I'm going to get her an appointment ASAP. Thank you for the help. Sometimes I don't know if I'm just overreacting or I should go with my gut, lol.

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Good idea to get her to the vet. I hope it all goes well!

I'm one of those people who never had a tail pocket issue with my Frenchie. I do check him though, just to make sure all is OK.