Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: French Bulldog 4 months old has rash like spots under Belly bear private parts

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    3
    Pets Names
    Quinn and remi

    French Bulldog 4 months old has rash like spots under Belly bear private parts

    My French bull dog is a female blue brindle four months old and she has developed a red rash under her belly spots are more like it. We took her to the vet and they prescribed her CEPHALEXYN 1.6 ml twice a day and ANIMAX OINTMENT TWICE DAILY. We have done this for over a month and a half now. Which seems to just keep it from getting worse. It still hasnít seemed to go away. I will include pictures. When we try to take her back to the vet they say it is not an emergency so they canít see her. We are trying to get her some relief for this but seems not to be working. We feed her royal canine French bulldog puppy food and pet care chicken and veggies. So if anyone can please help would be great !! Thanks again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dac6f25c-2a1c-4f9c-8eb7-e183251ce00f-jpeg  

  2. #2
    Senior Member Become a 4 Paw Member
    2bullymama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,163
    Pets Names
    Chelios
    Trophies

    Re: French Bulldog 4 months old has rash like spots under Belly bear private parts

    Look like might be bug bites... try wiping her with cool cloth after each outing.

    Also, Royal canin is crap food, find a new high quality kibble and avoid chicken as bulldogs tend to have issue with processed chicken.

    A few suggestions.. grain free, no particular order, but go with a single protein at first.

    Earthborn holistic
    Zingnature
    Fromm
    The Honest Kitchen
    Acana
    Orijen


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    my sweet angel babies
    Nitschke 2004-2011 and Banks 2005-2014

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    3
    Pets Names
    Quinn and remi

    Re: French Bulldog 4 months old has rash like spots under Belly bear private parts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bullymama View Post
    Look like might be bug bites... try wiping her with cool cloth after each outing.

    Also, Royal canin is crap food, find a new high quality kibble and avoid chicken as bulldogs tend to have issue with processed chicken.

    A few suggestions.. grain free, no particular order, but go with a single protein at first.

    Earthborn holistic
    Zingnature
    Fromm
    The Honest Kitchen
    Acana
    Orijen


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the advice, I will start looking into better food for them. It only seems to be the female that has this because the do. Did mention it may be something she is exposed to but she is always inside so not sure what I could be doing wrong? We do wipe her after every time she uses the restroom.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Become a 4 Paw Member
    2bullymama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,163
    Pets Names
    Chelios
    Trophies

    Re: French Bulldog 4 months old has rash like spots under Belly bear private parts

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnandremi2020 View Post
    Thank you for the advice, I will start looking into better food for them. It only seems to be the female that has this because the do. Did mention it may be something she is exposed to but she is always inside so not sure what I could be doing wrong? We do wipe her after every time she uses the restroom.
    She may just be more sensitive... even a rug or house cleaning agent can cause it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    my sweet angel babies
    Nitschke 2004-2011 and Banks 2005-2014

  5. #5
    Senior Member Become a 4 Paw Member
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,616
    Pets Names
    Jax
    Trophies

    Re: French Bulldog 4 months old has rash like spots under Belly bear private parts

    Might be food allergies. Definitely switch her to a better quality food. Whenever Jax gets little rashes like that, I wipe him down with diluted povidine iodine and then rub in some coconut oil.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    3
    Pets Names
    Quinn and remi

    Re: French Bulldog 4 months old has rash like spots under Belly bear private parts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    Might be food allergies. Definitely switch her to a better quality food. Whenever Jax gets little rashes like that, I wipe him down with diluted povidine iodine and then rub in some coconut oil.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will definitely try that- can I purchase that at target?. I have tried the coconut oil as well. I guess I will just stay on top of it and change the food definitely.

    Thanks.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Become a 4 Paw Member
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,616
    Pets Names
    Jax
    Trophies

    Re: French Bulldog 4 months old has rash like spots under Belly bear private parts

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnandremi2020 View Post
    I will definitely try that- can I purchase that at target?. I have tried the coconut oil as well. I guess I will just stay on top of it and change the food definitely.

    Thanks.
    Maybe. I always have gotten it from amazon. You can also try chlorhexidine wipes. I get those on Amazon as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •