6 month old frenchie with sensitive stomach

lyricmarie96

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have a 6 month old french bulldog puppy named indi. We got her at 4 months, and her breeder was feeding her royal canine for french bulldogs. We have two other dogs already (one with bad food allergies and a sensitive stomach as well), so we decided to transition indi over to the food we were feeding our other two, Victor professional. We transitioned her slowly, and she did fine on it, but she was pooping pretty frequently (5-6 times a day) and it wasn't consistently firm. We gave it a little while to see if she would get use to it, and limited other treats/bones to make sure it was not anything else causing the problem. Well, after a month of it being so so, she broke out into extremely bad diarrhea. Like could not hold it, and had to go every 1-2hrs. After taking her to the vet to check that it was not something else, (worms etc), the vet recommended a bland diet for a few days to calm her tummy down. I gave her white rice, organic pumpkin, and some chicken for two days, and it firmed up very fast and nicely. After reading about the good effects of pumpkin, I decided to try one more time and introduce her back to the victor slowly, but keep pumpkin in her diet and supplement the kibble with that. Since then, its firm 70% of the time, runny the rest, and she is back to pooping 5-6 times a day. So basically my question is, what kind of food do you guys recommend for a frenchie with a sensitive stomach? We hate to switch because we have two dogs on victor that are doing really well, and we did not want to have to buy 2 different kinds of dog food, but unfortunately that is where we are at. Any limited ingredient formulas that anyone recommends? or any other tips?

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Acana Duck and Pear, Zignature Venison, Earthborne Holistics are examples of low allergy dog kibbles.

Sally

Reaction score
Sorry that i can only post my experience........I feed my 8 month pup acana singles Pilchard after experiencing high pooping frequency too. 7-8 and soft per day. Now 4 times per day but firm and healthy.
Her training treats are her kibble because of sensitive stomach. I am thinking chicken and potato was bothering her. Goodluck.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
We feed Natures Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Turkey. It comes in many different proteins and has worked well for us!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have a 6 month old french bulldog puppy named indi. We got her at 4 months, and her breeder was feeding her royal canine for french bulldogs. We have two other dogs already (one with bad food allergies and a sensitive stomach as well), so we decided to transition indi over to the food we were feeding our other two, Victor professional. We transitioned her slowly, and she did fine on it, but she was pooping pretty frequently (5-6 times a day) and it wasn't consistently firm. We gave it a little while to see if she would get use to it, and limited other treats/bones to make sure it was not anything else causing the problem. Well, after a month of it being so so, she broke out into extremely bad diarrhea. Like could not hold it, and had to go every 1-2hrs. After taking her to the vet to check that it was not something else, (worms etc), the vet recommended a bland diet for a few days to calm her tummy down. I gave her white rice, organic pumpkin, and some chicken for two days, and it firmed up very fast and nicely. After reading about the good effects of pumpkin, I decided to try one more time and introduce her back to the victor slowly, but keep pumpkin in her diet and supplement the kibble with that. Since then, its firm 70% of the time, runny the rest, and she is back to pooping 5-6 times a day. So basically my question is, what kind of food do you guys recommend for a frenchie with a sensitive stomach? We hate to switch because we have two dogs on victor that are doing really well, and we did not want to have to buy 2 different kinds of dog food, but unfortunately that is where we are at. Any limited ingredient formulas that anyone recommends? or any other tips?

How much and how often do you feed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyricmarie96

Reaction score
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] She is getting fed 2 times a day half a cup each time.

lyricmarie96

Reaction score
We picked up a small bag of Instinct Nature's Variety limited ingredient Lamb yesterday and started the transition. So far all is well, fingers crossed this helps!