Aggression

Ycart

Reaction score
We have a 1yr old female. Anytime our English bulldog get near her while eating or playing with her toy she attracts him. Any other time he is her best friend. Im at a complete loss
Please help

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like resource guarding. You should bring in a trainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Some Frenchies are bad about that. We limit when ours play with their toys or bones to prevent this. A trainer may help with it, but we have never used one. We just manage ourselves by limiting the toys. At feeding time, place them apart or in different rooms. We feed ours in their crates adn we never have that problem.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Yes, resource guarding. Feeding meals and offering treats should happen with them separated. Pick up the bowls too, if food is left over and they are accessible to both dogs. It is not convenient, but should eliminate the problem you are having. Does she react that way with toys and bones as well or just food?

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
I agree with separating them while feeding. Stella resource guards, but she especially gets going with food. She believes she is the keeper of all food in our house. Fortunately Jake is very mellow and ignores her. Good luck!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
We have a 1yr old female. Anytime our English bulldog get near her while eating or playing with her toy she attracts him. Any other time he is her best friend. I'm at a complete loss
Please help

Welcome to FBN! I had a similar situation, you need a trainer in the home to help you learn how to rea the body language and for you to be seen as boss so she is aware that behavior is not allowed. Get it now before it gets to where you can not correct