Allergies

pennydud

Reaction score
Hey my frenchie has allergies and the vet has put him on apoquel which stops his itching but he has had to have 3 warts removed separately since October, the vet says it could be the medication or he has a low immune system, anyone else had this or can recommend something to boost his immune system as vets says there isn’t anything, reggie is only 2 years old

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hey my frenchie has allergies and the vet has put him on apoquel which stops his itching but he has had to have 3 warts removed separately since October, the vet says it could be the medication or he has a low immune system, anyone else had this or can recommend something to boost his immune system as vets says there isn’t anything, reggie is only 2 years old

Welcome!

My Frenchie also has bad allergies.

The Apoquel suppresses the immune system so the immune system can’t fight anything(viruses, allergies and other important things)- this supressimg immune system causes viral warts(my Frenchie had to have 8 removed all different times because of weakened immune system. I actually found a product that has helped his allergies a bit but there is no more warts! The viral warts will keep coming back until the immune system gets rid of the virus from inside the dog.

The product that worked is called:
Four Leaf Rover brand(Immunity mushrooms). When I got the Immunity mushrooms it only took 3 weeks and totally shrunk the 2 warts then they were removed and never came back, which the immunity mushrooms helped the immune system fight the virus(this is a very good immune booster for them and it’s been 2 years since he has been on it and NO more warts for my Frenchie). The immunity mushrooms 1 jar lasts 2 months for my 22lb Frenchie.

They have a 30 day money back guarantee too which is good.

For the allergies is it food allergy and environmental allergies???
My Frenchie actually has both Food allergies and Environmental allergies as well. Diet is the most important thing when dealing with allergies and the overall health.

For the allergies I use the following supplements which really helps with allergies:
Four Leaf Rover brand (Bovine colostrum) this bovine colostrum helps the immune system deal with itching and other allergies symptoms, it’s really good for the immune system and helps the immune system with allergies and helps with itching and allergy control. I definitely recommend Bovine Colostrum. Give it 20-30 minutes before he has breakfast so it’s given in empty stomach for maximum benefit. The 16.5g jar lasts my Frenchie 2 months(I give 1/8 tsp daily) which is double the recommended amount which works best! The good thing is you can give more of it if it’s needed.

Probiotics: the probiotics help the immune system.( I use adored beast for my Frenchie)

Thrive Herring Oil is another product I give my dogs for allergies too, it helps control inflammation(which makes them itchy) so controlling inflammation is needed. Omega 3 is really needed with chronic inflammation and allergies!

Berries are a good source of Quercetin which helps with itching and allergy symptoms. I give Four leaf Rover(Red Rover berries) but you can buy Quercetin tablets that are for allergies(it turns histimane off) which helps allergy symptoms.

I highly recommend not giving apoquel due to the warts and suppressing the immune system(immune booster is needed for allergies), the warts and itching is actually a side effect of apoquel unfortunately no vet tells people the side effects.
People have had success with Cytopoint too for their Frenchie with allergies. I have not tried it for my Frenchie.

What symptoms of allergies does he have? If it effects the skin like my Frenchie allergies, give him a bath a couple times a week(NOT with oatmeal shampoo since a lot of frenchies are allergic to grains). When he comes in from outside wipe his paws down in case he is allergic to environmental things like grass.

My Frenchie actually needed a better food and it’s really improved his allergies!

What food do you feed????
What protein is it?

I have been thru all this with my Frenchie(he just turned 3, his allergies have been going on since 5 months old), his allergies are still happening(it’s impossible to cure allergies) but to keep them comfortable and not as itchy and ease the symptoms and help inflammation.

What food do you feed him???
What protein is the food??

Keep us updated!
I am happy to help😊

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Forgot to mention my Frenchie is still on Immunity mushrooms(Four leaf Rover brand)- he has been on it for 2 years.

pennydud

Reaction score
Hey Reggie has itchy skin, ears and paws, I feed him home cooked veg with rice and fish . Where can I buy the items from you mentioned the immunity mushrooms, I didn’t think they could have mushrooms , thank you so much for all your information I will try anything to help him and stop these warts

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hey Reggie has itchy skin, ears and paws, I feed him home cooked veg with rice and fish . Where can I buy the items from you mentioned the immunity mushrooms, I didn’t think they could have mushrooms , thank you so much for all your information I will try anything to help him and stop these warts

For the food(good that you cook for him!) but I would recommend you try a grain free option(Beef and sweet potato or fish and squash) a lot of frenchies(including my Frenchie) has grain allergies and can cause inflammation and itchy.
There are store bought gently cooked that are low carb and grain free.
The brands of gently cooked low carb grain free are(they are available in USA and Canada):
-Open Farm Gently cooked(they have a fish recipe too)
-Raised Right lightly cooked human grade pet food.
-raw diet is also a good option(I haven’t tried it for my Frenchie though).
Definitely try to stay away from chicken as that’s also a common allergy like grains.
Too many carbs will feed the yeast and bad bacteria in the gut creating the allergies and inflammatory conditions.
I also home cook for Rusty my Frenchie, it’s grain free and low carb(20% carb) and it has made such a difference for him and his terrible allergies! Between the home cooked and the supplements, it has been so much better with his allergies(they still come and go but not as bad), the baths also help too.

For where to buy the Four Leaf Rover Immunity Mushrooms and Bovine Colostrum I get it from (the natural dog store . Com)
I don’t think we are allowed to add links here but if you Google what I put in brackets you will find the store, it ships to US and Canada, I am in Canada so that’s the only place I know of(that’s also the only place that makes it and has the money back guarantee).

Certain mushrooms are safe for dogs and can even prevent certain cancers and act as immune boost(all the mushrooms in the product are 100% safe and NO preservatives at all). These products(all the Four leaf rover) are Vet Formulated. I have had great success with the product and the brand(including the immunity mushrooms and bovine colostrum).
When I gave the mushrooms I waited 3-4 weeks before having him have the surgery to remove them because it gave him time to get rid of the virus from the inside the body.
He has had a total of 4 surgeries for these warts, thankfully the immunity mushrooms got rid of it from inside him and they never came back!

For the Thrive Herring oil, there are more places that carry it, if you are in Canada (homesalive dot ca) and other places if you Google Thrive Herring Oil for dogs you will find it depending on where you are located. I will attach photos of each product if it will let me lol.

For the ears:
Definitely do a ear rinse once a week or every 2 weeks thru allergy flare ups cause if it effects the ears this can also create ear infections(Rusty’s last ear infection lasted 3 weeks with vet treatment) but hasn’t happened since doing the ear wash once a week.
I use OtiFree ear wash from the vet dermatologist(might be able to order online I’m not sure , but there are other ear washes).

I think (chewy dot com) carry it if you are in USA:
Duoxo Mousse S3 calm I use after I bath him(once they are dry from the bath) this calms the irritation on the skin(use on itchy red irritation areas and it helps lots).

4 legger shampoo(unscented is good) and I use the Dermachlor 4 shampoo to bath(dermatologist has us using it for allergies as it’s anti fungal, antibacterial and antiseptic). I think you can get it online not just from vets but this is for allergies.
Let the shampoo sit on him for 5-10 minutes then rinse off. Rusty used to get at least 10 skin infections a year before we started this treatment, thankfully no skin infections so far with these treatments and he is very less itchy(used to chew his paws, scratch his ears, eye infections and everything but thankfully not since this treatment plan).

Definitely wipe his paws after being outside so you clean the allergy issues(grass/mold and others) off his paws so no more itchy paws.

I am happy to help!
Hopefully with everything I am suggesting, things will improve for your Frenchie too like it did for Rusty.

The love bugs photo is the probiotic from adored beast I use for Rusty.
I also give Rusty open farm beef bone broth every other week for extra anti inflammatory immune boost(or when he has a flare up of allergies).

I will try to attach the photos of these products I use for you! Hopefully the attachments work

Keep us updated!
I’m happy to help!

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Oh the thrive Herring oil it comes in 1 L or 500 ml. The 500 ml will last 20lb dog 100 days. Forgot to mention that!

It won’t attach the photo for some reason.

Four Leaf Rover supplements;
-Immunity Mushrooms(it is in a purple container)
-bovine colostrum(it’s in a blue container)
-Red Rover berry blend(red container)

Thrive Herring oil(light blue with white bottle)a has only herring oil with vitamin E in it.

Adored beast Probiotics(Love Bugs probiotics)

Ear wash:
Vetoquinol Otifree ear wash.

Topical treatments:
Duoxo S3 Calm Mousse soothing(pink and white bottle)

Medicated Shampoo:
Dermachlor 4 shampoo(dechra brand) -(turquoise and white bottle- says Chlorhexidine Gluconate medicated shampoo)

Open farm beef Bone broth:
Red bottle comes in a big or small pouch/container.

Sorry the attachments won’t work!
Hopefully these details will help you!

pennydud

Reaction score
For the food(good that you cook for him!) but I would recommend you try a grain free option(Beef and sweet potato or fish and squash) a lot of frenchies(including my Frenchie) has grain allergies and can cause inflammation and itchy.
There are store bought gently cooked that are low carb and grain free.
The brands of gently cooked low carb grain free are(they are available in USA and Canada):
-Open Farm Gently cooked(they have a fish recipe too)
-Raised Right lightly cooked human grade pet food.
-raw diet is also a good option(I haven’t tried it for my Frenchie though).
Definitely try to stay away from chicken as that’s also a common allergy like grains.
Too many carbs will feed the yeast and bad bacteria in the gut creating the allergies and inflammatory conditions.
I also home cook for Rusty my Frenchie, it’s grain free and low carb(20% carb) and it has made such a difference for him and his terrible allergies! Between the home cooked and the supplements, it has been so much better with his allergies(they still come and go but not as bad), the baths also help too.

For where to buy the Four Leaf Rover Immunity Mushrooms and Bovine Colostrum I get it from (the natural dog store . Com)
I don’t think we are allowed to add links here but if you Google what I put in brackets you will find the store, it ships to US and Canada, I am in Canada so that’s the only place I know of(that’s also the only place that makes it and has the money back guarantee).

Certain mushrooms are safe for dogs and can even prevent certain cancers and act as immune boost(all the mushrooms in the product are 100% safe and NO preservatives at all). These products(all the Four leaf rover) are Vet Formulated. I have had great success with the product and the brand(including the immunity mushrooms and bovine colostrum).
When I gave the mushrooms I waited 3-4 weeks before having him have the surgery to remove them because it gave him time to get rid of the virus from the inside the body.
He has had a total of 4 surgeries for these warts, thankfully the immunity mushrooms got rid of it from inside him and they never came back!

For the Thrive Herring oil, there are more places that carry it, if you are in Canada (homesalive dot ca) and other places if you Google Thrive Herring Oil for dogs you will find it depending on where you are located. I will attach photos of each product if it will let me lol.

For the ears:
Definitely do a ear rinse once a week or every 2 weeks thru allergy flare ups cause if it effects the ears this can also create ear infections(Rusty’s last ear infection lasted 3 weeks with vet treatment) but hasn’t happened since doing the ear wash once a week.
I use OtiFree ear wash from the vet dermatologist(might be able to order online I’m not sure , but there are other ear washes).

I think (chewy dot com) carry it if you are in USA:
Duoxo Mousse S3 calm I use after I bath him(once they are dry from the bath) this calms the irritation on the skin(use on itchy red irritation areas and it helps lots).

4 legger shampoo(unscented is good) and I use the Dermachlor 4 shampoo to bath(dermatologist has us using it for allergies as it’s anti fungal, antibacterial and antiseptic). I think you can get it online not just from vets but this is for allergies.
Let the shampoo sit on him for 5-10 minutes then rinse off. Rusty used to get at least 10 skin infections a year before we started this treatment, thankfully no skin infections so far with these treatments and he is very less itchy(used to chew his paws, scratch his ears, eye infections and everything but thankfully not since this treatment plan).

Definitely wipe his paws after being outside so you clean the allergy issues(grass/mold and others) off his paws so no more itchy paws.

I am happy to help!
Hopefully with everything I am suggesting, things will improve for your Frenchie too like it did for Rusty.

The love bugs photo is the probiotic from adored beast I use for Rusty.
I also give Rusty open farm beef bone broth every other week for extra anti inflammatory immune boost(or when he has a flare up of allergies).

I will try to attach the photos of these products I use for you! Hopefully the attachments work

Keep us updated!
I’m happy to help!
Thank you so much for all your help and advice , I am in the uk but I shall Google the four leaf brand and get some ordered , hopefully reggie will feel the benefit just like Rusty . Thank you again xx

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all your help and advice , I am in the uk but I shall Google the four leaf brand and get some ordered , hopefully reggie will feel the benefit just like Rusty . Thank you again xx

Since you are in the UK I would check to see if you have the Supplements available to you(you might have to email them at Four leaf Rover to request the shipping to the UK(I’m not sure if they do or not but they are very helpful and if requested, will ship to places they don’t usually ship to)!

I would give it a try for at least 1 month(natural stuff takes a little bit longer to see the full benefits sometimes). Bovine colostrum works best when given 20-30 minutes before breakfast(works best when given in empty stomach).

I know how frustrating allergies can be, I have been thru it with Rusty and finally with all these treatments things are mcuh better for his allergies.

I really hope you can get rid of those viral Warts for good! And hopefully he gets relief from his allergies!

Still recommend grain free low carb food cause yeast and allergies go hand in hand. I know it’s a lot of info but I try to help by mentioning everything I have tried that has worked for my Frenchie 😊

Keep us updated!!
Hope he gets relief soon and can be off the apoquel!

I’m happy to help!