Allergy help please

patr0n35

Reaction score
hello everyone,
we, my friend, are sending you lots of greetings from Turkey.
We are 3 years old, we have been experiencing extreme allergy problems for 2 years. There is no hypoallergenic food we haven't tried, but the situation has started to go too far.
I use coconut oil, Travazol cream, but it doesn't help, can you please support us?
What do we need to do?
Regards EMRE AKPINAR

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
hello everyone,
we, my friend, are sending you lots of greetings from Turkey.
We are 3 years old, we have been experiencing extreme allergy problems for 2 years. There is no hypoallergenic food we haven't tried, but the situation has started to go too far.
I use coconut oil, Travazol cream, but it doesn't help, can you please support us?
What do we need to do?
Regards EMRE AKPINAR

What are you currently feeding her???

Definitely the hypo allergenic food from the vet will NOT work as it’s all fillers and causes other health issues.

Is she really itchy or is it red irritated skin??

Coconut oil can actually cause inflammation in dogs as it can harm the gut health.

My Frenchie has severe allergies too, and environmental allergies are also common too not just food allergies.

Rusty has had allergies since he was 5 months old, he is 3.5 years old.
His allergies got so bad he seen a dermatologist cause of how bad it is.

Have you looked into switching her to raw diet or a lightly cooked low carb food??? That’s very good for allergies, especially the raw diet OR if you don’t want to feed raw you can do low carb lightly cooked(Raised Right human grade low carb dog food), and always rotating proteins prevents them from becoming allergic to what they eat.

Stay away from chicken as that’s a common allergy, especially for frenchies. Also avoid Corn, Wheat, rice(especially brewers rice), soy and by products(chicken by product for example).

If you want to stick to kibble, good options are:

-Natures Logic(it comes in Rabbit, Sardine, Lamb, Beef, Pork, Turkey for proteins). It doesn’t have potatoes or legumes or rice, it uses millet instead which is good for dogs with allergies.

-Carna 4 is oven baked kibble too that’s good. It comes in goat and venison for proteins too.

When dealing with allergies, try to stay away from synthetic vitamins in dog food, both those kibbles(Natures Logic and Carna 4) are synthetic free also the raised right gently cooked dog food is synthetic free too, only whole food based so less likely to trigger an allergic reaction.

Also supplements for allergies, these are all really beneficial:

-Probiotics help keep yeast minimal and improve immune system.

- Omega 3 like sardine oil or Herring oil is great for allergies and inflammation, helps with itchy and inflammation.

-Bovine Colostrum powder is great for allergies, it’s been the best supplement that I have Rusty on for his allergies, it’s a powder you put into the dish without food, put the powder by itself in the dish 30 minutes before breakfast cause it’s better absorbed on empty stomach, the dogs just lick it out of the dish.
It’s got amazing health benefits, but a lot of people give it to the dogs for allergies, that’s been the best supplement I have Rusty on for allergies and it’s made a huge difference in his environmental allergies.
I buy the Four Leaf Rover brand Bovine colostrum.

I highly recommend you switch her food to one of the options I mentioned above, and add bovine colostrum supplement and if you want to add omega 3 that would be good too.

You can also give her a bath to rinse off the allergies cause fall/winter allergies have flared up cause of mold, and wet grass is also a common allergy. I bath Rusty once a week for maintenance which helps wash off the environmental allergies from his paws.

Keep us updated

patr0n35

Reaction score
First of all, thank you very much for your answer.
The food and probiotics you mentioned are unfortunately not available in Turkey. And it does not ship to the country. I do not know about barf feeding. Our daughter chooses a lot of food, we feed her food with our hands, she does not eat from her bowl.
Now they told us to wash it every day with unque allergy control food and Ketoral shampoo. I ordered a Mutamin brand gel for Omega 3- and 6

patr0n35

Reaction score
8AD31293-B94F-4DCE-9712-18798EE82041.jpeg

Attachments

• 61B61F64-DB0C-41EB-BA27-537F6B671E28.jpeg
    61B61F64-DB0C-41EB-BA27-537F6B671E28.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 126CBEC9-2503-4171-8DEF-263CAD23C949.jpeg
    126CBEC9-2503-4171-8DEF-263CAD23C949.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 2DD963CE-82A8-42AC-9467-093DA4A50857.jpeg
    2DD963CE-82A8-42AC-9467-093DA4A50857.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 846CF6EA-4361-4D62-84D7-46831C6B9F6A.jpeg
    846CF6EA-4361-4D62-84D7-46831C6B9F6A.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 2

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
First of all, thank you very much for your answer.
The food and probiotics you mentioned are unfortunately not available in Turkey. And it does not ship to the country. I do not know about barf feeding. Our daughter chooses a lot of food, we feed her food with our hands, she does not eat from her bowl.
Now they told us to wash it every day with unque allergy control food and Ketoral shampoo. I ordered a Mutamin brand gel for Omega 3- and 6

I’m sure you can get dog probiotics in where you are, which food is she currently on??

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
So sorry for you baby! Are you able to feed raw meat to him? Can you buy fresh duck or other meats? raw feeding is the best you can give them with allergies. Probiotics help the gut heal and strengthen the immune system... are you able to get Herbsmith Microflora maybe via Amazon... not sure if Amazon is available to you or something similar

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I would definitely recommend getting him off that food and onto a better quality. Hydrolysed protein and vet food is low quality and can make allergies worse and cause other health issues.

That food could be making her allergies worse ☹️

sean7398

Reaction score
hey

i have a frenchie who has also had skin isues and its not nice for them, so i understand what you are going through. There are medications that work, but im not too keen on them, my vet directed me to an online skin vet, this was a luck mind you as I had a free consultation,. and they helped by giving me a fatty acid supplement. not sure if that helps for your dog