Ate a Matchbook...

Calle Roo

Reaction score
Quella La Poo ate a matchbook today, used to light candles. The cat must've knocked it off of the counter and Q got to it while I was working. When I got to her she had all of the sulfur ends eaten off. I called the vet and had to keep and eye for any toxicity symptoms. Well her farts are beyond atrocious this evening. No joke the sulfur is worse than any egg fart I've ever smelled in my life. I had to put her bed on the other side of the living room with the ceiling fan on and I'm still using a manilla envelope to fan the air around me to breathe. Ugh. I'm so glad she is okay but unfortunately, I have a sore throat from gagging the past few hours. Our dogs are a hand full... that's an understatement.

And I'm not amused with the $49 consultation fee that the National Pet Poison Helpline requires to discuss anything with you and the $50-60ish through the ASPCA. I wouldn't have minded paying $20 for their services... Luckily my vet was able to get the information after a 2nd call to their office.

XoXo from Quella La Roux and her mommy too!

Tgirl

Reaction score
I'm glad she is ok. Having dogs is like having toddlers.

blushy

Reaction score
Glad she's okay!

If I tried to call to get help for my pet and they tried to charge me $50 I may have flipped a lid! Dogs are like kids. It's an emergency, you need help. Yes first let me get out my credit card and pay you... *facepalm*

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
So glad she is okay but hearing about the stinky sulfur farts did make me laugh. :giggle:

And I agree, you shouldn't have to pay for getting advice over the phone. I have VPI pet insurance and they have just added a free 24 hour Vet Helpline. Thankfully I haven't had to use it yet.

Chiana

Reaction score
OMG! glad to hear Q is ok! These guys certainly can be a handful.

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
I'm glad she's OK but I would have not paid for advice on the phone. That's insane!

shortstuff

Reaction score
It's a bummer about having to pay for phone advice... but I guess the bright side is you likely saved yourself hundreds of dollars by not taking her in! So glad she's alright and that the only side effect are some rank farts! :whew:

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
So glad she is OK and you survived the 'gas' treatment :fart:

Had no idea about the charge for the call to the poison hotline... wow

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Glad she is okay and that the frenchie fart storm has passed!

🆕 Latest posts