Bed recommendations for crate

Mavis

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need to get two beds for a nighttime and daytime crate for our frenchie puppy. His parents full grown were 21 and 23 lbs. Went on Amazon and there are a gazillion options. Can anyone recommend a bed that they love? Thank you!

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need to get two beds for a nighttime and daytime crate for our frenchie puppy. His parents full grown were 21 and 23 lbs. Went on Amazon and there are a gazillion options. Can anyone recommend a bed that they love? Thank you!

I have a metal crate for Rusty(he loves it and he sleeps in it every night), I have the ‘Unleashed Pet Crate Medium’ which is up to 40lb weight cause the smaller size would be less than 20lb I think.

I use the crate pad bed medium from the same company (unleashed crate pad medium) and it’s made to fit in it.
I have the crate pad in his crate, then I add 1 soft throw blanket to make it extra cozy. Then I add another small blanket he loves.
We have had the crate and the bed since I had him(Rusty is 3 years old now) and it’s still in great condition!

I can attach the photo of the crate and the bed and then I can take a photo of his crate for you once I get his bed ready for tonight😊

The crate training is a great thing to have cause he loves it, it’s like their space to go in there, he loves it the breeder crate trained him and that is where he sleeps at night(sits there waiting to go in there to bed lol). When it’s time to take a break from playing or when you go out it will be very useful for you!!

A1EC3F61-BA54-45A3-AF0F-7876DF17439A.png

1648946817871.jpeg

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Here are a couple photos of Rusty in his crate I took the other day. Since he likes the closed in crates(plastic kinds) which I didn’t know when I got him, I have a cover over it, I have had it like this since he was a puppy. I let him have the frog toy In there cause he uses it as a pillow. All curled up in his pajamas.
The crate pad is underneath the blanket.

1648947595416.jpeg

1648947604622.jpeg

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I think my crates have all come from Chewy and I usually have gotten just the regular crate pad that fits it. I have “fancier” crate pads now that are more expansive but I’ve gotten them from a vendor at dog shows. For beds, I’ve always gone to TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, etc. as they have decent beds that are not expensive. Puppies like to chew everything up and will probably pee on the bed too so you’ll want something easily washable.

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
We went with the Midwest crate 30". It came with a divider. It was way too big as a puppy. Even full grown I think it's too big. Maybe the 24" will be better. Charlie is full grown at 22-23 pounds. When she was a puppy, we partitioned about 1/4-1/3 off.

Also used a 2" memory cushion. Then one of those small bed on top like Rust's Owner posted.

After about a year, maybe year and a half, we stopped using the crate.

Mavis

Reaction score
Thank you!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Midwest crate and just a standard bed from home goods/TJMaxx