Bully bumps / hives

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Can dogs break out in small hives aka bully bumps dur to stress? Just recently my frenchie had a stressful day at the groomer. We went back the following day because the nails weren't trimmed probably and my frenchie started freaking out on the second visit. And no nails trimmed again. A day or two laters i noticed a few small hives than recently he had them all through the back, cheeks. And back.havent had times for to go to the vet but will do first thing tomorrow. Not sure if they are an. Environmental reaction , the stress he went thru at the groomer, flea bite or a chemical i used to clean my couch.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Are the hives still there today? I’m not a vet, but I would assume stress could cause hives. It causes all kinds of reactions in humans, so why not dogs? If the hives continue for a few days then it could be an allergic reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Today is probably the fourth day. It started with a few, i didnt think he would keep getting more. Before i knew it he had them all over. Today many of them actually subsided. I used some lavender oil last night and continued the benydrl. I havent seen any fleas but, might pick some flea treatment today.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Several months ago, Louie, my bulldog started breaking out in hives and they always went away at night and came back the next day. I stopped the raw and did just kibble (at the time he was getting both), then stopped the kibble and did just raw, stopped all treats to see if it was food allergy and nothing changed. Washed all the blankets and bedding, cleaned the rug twice, did everything I was able to think of to try and rule stuff out. They never bothered him and one day they just went away and I still have no idea what the cause was.

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Sounds like baer.everytime he gets them i never know what it is. we clean everything with vinegar and bakingsoda, no candles or sprays. According to his vet visit today it looks like a flea allergy. Benadryl and flra medication is what they recommended. The lavender oil mix i put on hos cost seemed to have helped as well.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like baer.everytime he gets them i never know what it is. we clean everything with vinegar and bakingsoda, no candles or sprays. According to his vet visit today it looks like a flea allergy. Benadryl and flra medication is what they recommended. The lavender oil mix i put on hos cost seemed to have helped as well.

I think [MENTION=3191]FroxerMom[/MENTION] dealt with allergy issues with Daphne from ONE flea bite.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Yes, oh my goodness, I felt like total crap when I finally got to the bottom of her intense itching. I was using a more holistic flea preventative, but the vet found a single flea on her (with no evidence of flea poop, so she said it was literally only ONE). I had gotten Daphne "tested" for food and environmental allergies and she is extremely allergic to fleas, so my vet said it wasn't hard to believe she reacted so strongly. I learned my lesson and bought Bravecto and am keeping her on it year-round!

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Thats exactly what i keep baer on. Ive seen these bumps before on him and they do seem to go away after the flea medication. Im going to keep him on yearround to see if it re occurs. He broke out like crazy. At least it wasnt as bad as when he got stung by a wasp. He was all swollen. Face and all. That day i went straight to the vet. Thanks for the feedback

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Is there anything you would recommend to help with healing ? He has a lot of patching holes now on one side of his face.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there anything you would recommend to help with healing ? He has a lot of patching holes now on one side of his face.

Can you post a picture

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Nustock maybe [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION]

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Nustock maybe [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION]

Yes, was thinking that but wanted a picture too.

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Farmina skin and coat. Can he get it from another dog? It seems like after spending acouple days at the sitter he came down with this. He had them all over his body but, had several on hos cheeks. Hes been kn the same food for about 6 months

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Farmina skin and coat. Can he get it from another dog? It seems like after spending acouple days at the sitter he came down with this. He had them all over his body but, had several on hos cheeks. Hes been kn the same food for about 6 months

Farmina is a great food, but try to avoid chicken, lots of bulldogs just have issue with it. I don't think it is contagious, it is a weakened immune system. Gotta build that up... fresh/raw sauerkraut, Herbsmiths Microflor are two options.
But a vet check is needed tos