Diarrhea on and off

GinoLicious

Reaction score
He did have a full stool sample done prior to leaving to the cottage and midway cottage trip it cleared up. Doc said the poo came back fine. Seems to have had a great solid poo this morning at 6:40. Seems like a real good one like the one last night. I’m thinking he may be on the mend. Notn100% sure. Would like to post the photo but can’t seem to from my phone. Looks almost normal for him

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s great news! At times like this, we wish they could just tell us what’s wrong. It really is like a science project sometimes figuring stuff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GinoLicious

Reaction score
this morning he had a great poo. Come home from work, he has a mushy poo. Few hours later he has liquid, not much but a bit. Few hours after that, straight runs shooting out of him. Im at a loss here and the vet is no help. Vet for over 8 years, no help. My dog acts normal,eats,drinks, and has treats. Vet is very non chalant that it could be the simparica. Simparica has side effects of diarrhea. THe medication stays in system for 35 days. Could my dog experience side effects for the duration of that pill? So I have about 30 more days of this ****? I don't want to call the vet again because I feel he is useless. If my dog is eating, barking, pooping with the runs, drinking water, no chance of dehydration, should I let the runs work the pill out of his system? this all started less than a week going on the pill, but has been going on for about a month. Whats the chances it's the pill and not my dog actually being sick? Seems logical, no?

I am thinking to give him pumpkin and try to control the runs as the simparica gets out of his system. He stopped the runs for about a week after the cottage and after he finishes his antibiotic. Possible the antibiotic helped fight the issue from the simparica and when the antibiotic wore off, it caused the runs to come back?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if the antibiotics would impact side effects or not, but using the pumpkin is a good idea and will not harm in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
seems the runs are gone after going back to fish, however, he been pooping still 3-4 times a day, but it all solid now. Still see some rice in it or it looks like that.

Have you had him checked for worms? Could be tapeworm you are seeing in his poop and not rice.

GinoLicious

Reaction score
Have you had him checked for worms? Could be tapeworm you are seeing in his poop and not rice.

yes, a poo sample was done. Yexterday he had 3 poops. One was real good, formed but still real soft and semi difiult to
Pick up. TOday he had two poops with one being the runs that fully shot out of him. I started him on pumpkin last night so hoping that helps. HE really goes for his food when the pumpkin is in it

Froggdog

Reaction score
get some Bene-Bac asap.
Very helpful for digestive distress.
You will see improvement for sure.

AD630F98-EC10-4AEC-9125-23F7C52435AA.jpeg

GinoLicious

Reaction score
pumpkin is not working. His poos aren't improving. Still soft and mushy and hard to pick up. Need to hose the backyard down. Lol. This morning two poops. Not formed and very small. After his second poo he moved to another spot and pushed out just blood and some yellow liquid. Didn't look like any poo at all in that event. THese runs have been pretty constant for weeks now. Ever since the antibiotics wore off we been having constant runs

Sorry if I am tiring you all out. Been searching for answers, and cannot find them.

I did the probiotic. He has been on it for a bit. Maybe 2 days. Today, he had a poop this morning in 2 different spots, was formed but soft. When I got home from work, he pooed nice and solid. Right after that maybe 10 minutes later, pooped again and it was a small mud puddle. Took him to my girlfriends for a bit, behaving normal as all get out, get home, poops again, very small mud puddle as well. Dont get how he is firming up and then several hours later going back to mud puddles. I dont see how this could be a liver, kidney or pancreas problem as he has had blood work done 3 times. Like i am doing bloodwork now just to say take my money and for the sake of doing the blood work. I dont think it is his food as I switched him back to the food he has eaten for years. The only thing i can think it is is the simparica for ticks. He has never been on it. A week after going on it, boom I dealt with this BS. All i know is the runs cleared up closer to the end of his first dose of simparica and after finishing up his antibotics for the runs. But a week or two after the antibiotics were finished, the runs came back and he hadn't gone on his second dose of simparica. Vet just keeps saying fast him and give him rice and ill be honest, the rice gives him explosive diarreaha and you can actually see the rice in the poo, so clearly that isnt working. Also would like to add this is a dog who poops once a day maybe twice if he goes for several walks and sometimes he poops every other day. 4-5 poops a day with the runs or without is not normal, never had him do that in 8 years.