Does this look like a cyst?

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Anyone now what this is? I have his vet appt comi g up soon. Should i wait or just take in?20190508_062845.jpg

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like an interdigital cyst to me. I've never dealt with one but I believe epsom salt soaks will help get rid of it.
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION]

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like an interdigital cyst to me. I've never dealt with one but I believe epsom salt soaks will help get rid of it.
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION]

Anyone now what this is? I have his vet appt comi g up soon. Should i wait or just take in?View attachment 13091

Yes, interdigital cyst,,, usually caused by allergies. Epsom salt soaks help and then try to find the trigger. Wiping paws after being outside can help too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Take a good look and make sure there's no foreign object inside. Also put on some antibiotic cream or ointment ( after soaking with epsom salts or weak betadine bath ). Some creams would include polysporin, neosporin, fucidin, Nu-Stock.

Are there any other signs of allergies such as dirty ears and shaking head, licking paws? If so, consider treating for food and environmental allergies, eg. cetirizine (Zyrtec) 0.5 mg/pound once daily for environmental allergies and switching to a hypoallergenic brand of dog kibble with a different protein, eg. Zignature rabbit , Earthborn Holistics Venture line eg. duck meal and pumpkin, or Acana singles line eg. duck and pear. If your dog does have food allergies and a limited ingredient dog kibble doesn't help, try switching to frozen raw.

Also if your dog has allergies , as mentioned by 2Bullymama, give a wipe down after being outside, especially paws and underside of belly.

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Thank you for the thorough explanation and analysis. His ears do seem to get dirty quite often, and he has started getting these little spots of missing fur. This all happened recently and i cant think of any recent changes. Hes a dry fromm 4 star kibbles which has rabbit, duck, and pork meal for protein. Ive been rhink of tryi g the honest kitchen dehydrated. What do you think of that brand of food? What brand of frozen raw to you recommend?

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Progression from most allergenic to least allergenic ( better to avoid chicken with all of these as its most allergenic ):
Dog kibble with grains>Grain free dog kibble>Limited ingredient dog kibble>Dehydrated raw>Frozen raw

Honest Kitchen limited ingredient dehydrated raw line is very good, but frozen raw is even better for allergic dogs.Frozen raw is also cheaper than dehydrated raw. The question is are you willing to put up with the freezer space needed and slight inconvenience of frozen raw? I live in Canada so i'm not that familiar with US brands of frozen raw. Freeze dried raw and air dried raw are a bit better quality than dehydrated raw but not worth the extra money.

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
A couple more thoughts on the air dried and freeze dried dog food. The most famous brand of air dried is Ziwipeak, but there is one brand in USA called OnlyNatural MaxMeat that's not too pricey. I don't know if any members here have tried it, I haven't as it's not available in Canada. Air dried and dehydrated raw both shouldn't transmit any pathogenic bacteria, but freeze dried raw can, so don't use freeze dried over frozen raw thinking it's a lot safer.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the thorough explanation and analysis. His ears do seem to get dirty quite often, and he has started getting these little spots of missing fur. This all happened recently and i cant think of any recent changes. Hes a dry fromm 4 star kibbles which has rabbit, duck, and pork meal for protein. Ive been rhink of tryi g the honest kitchen dehydrated. What do you think of that brand of food? What brand of frozen raw to you recommend?

Honest Kitchen is a good brand. Sojoโ€™s, Grandma Lucy and NW Natural also have dehydrated food as well if you want to do a price comparison.

I feed commercial frozen raw and rotate between Answers, NW Naturals, Tuckerโ€™s, Vital Essentials, Primal, Stella & Chewyโ€™s. I also give raw goats milk and sometimes fermented fish stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baer Rios

Reaction score
How is the only natural pet easy raw? Seems to have good reviews online? I recently had a sample of the stell Nd chewy. My frenchie really loved it

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
How is the only natural pet easy raw? Seems to have good reviews online? I recently had a sample of the stell Nd chewy. My frenchie really loved it

I used Only Natural EasyRaw dehydrated raw grain free turkey on my dog for about a year. It was good- but expect with any dehydrated raw a lot of pooing since there's a lot of fibre in them. Her allergies ( licking paws ) got a lot better on the EasyRaw, but didn't completely go away till I switched to frozen raw. I bought EasyRaw over Honest Kitchen, Spot Farms, Grandma Lucy's etc, since that is the only one that PetSmart sells, and they had some good specials. She still has occasional ear problems since she also has environmental allergies which I prevent by flushing her ears once a week with Eco Ears ( less expensive than Zymox in Canada ) . I would say Zymox is a good preventative flush once a week as well.