Dry nose problem

Foster

Reaction score
My frenchie has a very dry nose. Almost where it looks sort of crumbly. He has had his nasal surgery done about a year ago but not sure if anyone has any recommendations on what to put on it?

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
There is also a product called Snout Soother that works well.

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
I have Snout Soother because Wally's nose is always dry. I use coconut oil sometimes as well. Both work well but the soother stuff works faster.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
All of the above mentioned products work well, just need to apply it several times a day.

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
I would add that you can also use argan oil from what I've read, but I haven't tried it. I would be a little cautious about using Aquaphor, since it contains a lanolin alcohol, which is derived from sheep's wool, so there is a small chance of allergy. If your dog's nose is severely dry to the point of cracking, I would apply the coconut oil or whatever you choose( after wiping the nose with a wet warm wash cloth to remove loose crusty material ) 2-4 times a day till the nose is back to normal, then cut back to once daily maintenance.

HazelLowe

Reaction score
Go for simple home remedies. They work slow but are very effective. Coconut oil is a good option too as mentioned by Milo the french.