Dry nose

pdepierre

Reaction score
Our 5 month old Frank has developed white dry / crusty skin on his nose. His nose isn't runny (although his eyes run a bit daily), and he has what I would call "normal" Frenchie congestion in the morning, but he has this dry looking area at the top of his nose. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it safe to put lotion on it?

daniellepaul

Reaction score
Leo also had a dry nose - it showed up on his as black and scaley/fuzzy looking almost. I tried coconut oil but it didn't work because he loves the taste so he kept licking it off. I ended up buying a product called Snout Soother from the Natural Dog Company...I rubbed it on his nose 2 x a day - morning and night, and after a few days, the black scales started falling off. It's safe for dogs if they do lick their noses. I don't think I'd do lotion though - I'd be afraid of it causing a reaction.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I use The Blissful Dog Nose Butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Aquaphor or mushers secret

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mechadogzilla

Reaction score
I used Snout Soother (can find on Amazon if can’t find locally) applied with cotton ball. It worked very well; the nose was back to normal in a few weeks.). Good luck.

pdepierre

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation - I have it on order!

pdepierre

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for great ideas - Frank's nose will be back to normal in no time now!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for great ideas - Frank's nose will be back to normal in no time now!

One good thing to do, is wipe the nose with a warm cloth and then apply while wet.. it helps the cream go into the skin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pdepierre

Reaction score
That's a really good idea - thank you so much?!