Ear cleaning solution

okgrau8

Reaction score
What do you all use to clean the ears? I have a bottle of Oti-Soothe we got from our vet over a year ago that's now about to run out. Wondering what I can just get from the store or order online that works well?

Honeys Owners

Reaction score

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
Just curious what do most use to apply the solutions?

Gus flips out if I try to squirt anything in his ears, so I put a generous squirt on a cotton ball and squeeze the cotton ball once it's in his ear. I'll then fold down his ear and rub it around a bit, and then wipe around with the cotton ball before removing and tossing it. Then I follow up after he shakes his head a bit with a tissue. Way easier and less traumatic for us. Was always worried about it getting in his eye when I was squirting it directly in.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I do same as [MENTION=2622]Frenchie Grrrl[/MENTION]. I squeeze the solution onto a cotton ball and then squeeze that into Jax's ear and rub the cotton ball around.

Tgirl

Reaction score
I usually clean Twiggy's at work with whatever we have in house and open. At home I will do the witch hazel and vinegar. Right now she has a little inflammation in there because of her allergies so she is on Animax ointment.

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
I usually clean Twiggy's at work with whatever we have in house and open. At home I will do the witch hazel and vinegar. Right now she has a little inflammation in there because of her allergies so she is on Animax ointment.

You could try buying some Zymox with hydrocortisone for next time from Amazon

bambi

Reaction score
Most of my grooming supplies are by Warren London. All of their products are made specifically for French Bulldogs, and they have all natural products available. We put the solution on a cotton ball and then clean the ears.