Ear infection/lethargic/crying

Circlecityfrenchies

Reaction score
Hello all! New member here

We have an 8 month and a 4 year old. Our 8 month old has us really concerned. 5 days ago, Frank came hopped on the couch came up to us to cuddle. I touched his head and he started yelping. He has never done that so I became concerned. I took him to the water bowl he drank fine and was normal. So I gave his head another pat. He again yelped and went into a panic. He then started behaving strangely ever since. We got him to the vet the next morning, they flushed his ears and said they saw a lot of inflammation. They put medication in and sent us home with pain pills. 4 days later and we haven’t really seen in an improvement other than he will let us touch his ear. Appetite is the same, regular bowel movements. He just is very lethargic, and seems confused. He is now whimpering at sudden movements. I’ve read that serve ear infections can take up to 2 weeks but we are still concerned and our vet doesn’t seem to share that. We called again and they basically chalked it up to the pain medication. Has anyone experienced similar?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I would take him to a different vet. He probably needs more than a pill for inflammation if he has an ear infection. I’ve used Zymox Otic before on Jax which seemed to helped but not sure if that would alone do the job on your guy at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Citty… unless they packed the ears with meds, then he needs daily drops or ointment. Find another vet if you can

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk