Eating issues

Absolut70

Reaction score
Hi can anybody help me. My 6 yr male frenchie has stopped eating his regular food he does have an odd day not eating but this is 2 wks now. Only thing he eats is chicken liver. He normaly loves his tuna and encore chicken and rice.just sniffs it and walks away.
Can anybody please help 🙏

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi can anybody help me. My 6 yr male frenchie has stopped eating his regular food he does have an odd day not eating but this is 2 wks now. Only thing he eats is chicken liver. He normaly loves his tuna and encore chicken and rice.just sniffs it and walks away.
Can anybody please help 🙏

What do you feed him??? Brand and protein???

Are you cooking the chicken and rice?

Does he like raw diet from pet store? Or does he like lightly cooked food???
I’m asking cause if he is just being picky you can give him lightly cooked(Raised Right pet food it’s lightly cooked).

Or can you try cooking extra lean ground beef and putting it on his food or give him beef and sweet potato???

Give him probiotics too to help with his stomach if he isn’t feeling good.

Do you know why he is not eating??? Is he just being picky??

What do you currently feed him?

He hasn’t eaten anything for 2 weeks??????

Keep us updated
I’m happy to help

Absolut70

Reaction score
What do you feed him??? Brand and protein???

Are you cooking the chicken and rice?

Does he like raw diet from pet store? Or does he like lightly cooked food???
I’m asking cause if he is just being picky you can give him lightly cooked(Raised Right pet food it’s lightly cooked).

Or can you try cooking extra lean ground beef and putting it on his food or give him beef and sweet potato???

Give him probiotics too to help with his stomach if he isn’t feeling good.

Do you know why he is not eating??? Is he just being picky??

What do you currently feed him?

He hasn’t eaten anything for 2 weeks??????

Keep us updated
I’m happy to help
Hi.thankyou for replying. He normaly has john west tuna and encore chicken with rice. Hes ate this from 12months. He just sniffs and walks away. Gave him the chicken liver today,had a few morcels and thats it.
I really dont know whats going on,hes got clingy with me and just wants to go bed. Hes great and loves his walks but something not right,he loves his tuna as a rule 🤦‍♀️

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi.thankyou for replying. He normaly has john west tuna and encore chicken with rice. Hes ate this from 12months. He just sniffs and walks away. Gave him the chicken liver today,had a few morcels and thats it.
I really dont know whats going on,hes got clingy with me and just wants to go bed. Hes great and loves his walks but something not right,he loves his tuna as a rule 🤦‍♀️

Ok maybe he is bored of his food if that’s all he has been on. They get picky from eating the same thing.

Any digestion issues??

Is he acting sick other than not eating and wanting to go to bed??
Maybe he needs to be seen by the vet.

In the meantime my suggestion is to give him either:

-Raised Right lightly cooked dog food(comes in chicken, Turkey, beef, and pork)-good for digestion and picky pups.

-cook up some extra lean ground beef and a small amount of sweet potato and mix it and give it to him to eat(Or add just cooked up beef to his food).

-probiotics for immune boost to help get thru whatever is causing this.
Bone broth also is good for this.

Did you check his mouth and teeth to see if something is stuck in his mouth or if he has a bad tooth that can be causing him to not eat(he can be in pain). Any tartar on. His teeth????
Swollen gums??

Absolut70

Reaction score
No his teeth are really good.i have lean ground beef ,need to defrost 1st . He can have off days but alls stuffs his face the next day. I,ll try him with the beef and get him some probiotics .if hes the same by friday i will get him checked out .he eats his treats still and they are quite hard till he chews them ,he gets alot of natural treats which keep his teeth lovely. Thankyou so much for helping me,i just wish he could talk 😢

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
No his teeth are really good.i have lean ground beef ,need to defrost 1st . He can have off days but alls stuffs his face the next day. I,ll try him with the beef and get him some probiotics .if hes the same by friday i will get him checked out .he eats his treats still and they are quite hard till he chews them ,he gets alot of natural treats which keep his teeth lovely. Thankyou so much for helping me,i just wish he could talk 😢

That’s good his teeth are good.

He could just be picky about his food now. My Frenchie gets tired of eating the same thing daily and so I give him variety! Even if it’s his favourite thing he still was picky and my Frenchie won’t eat ANY kibble or canned. Lightly cooked I feed him.

Lean beef is good too, even if it’s just the beef your giving him, that’s ok cause he has to eat something. Then if he likes it you can try a little bit sweet potato mixed in and see if he likes that.

For now though just give him the cooked beef and eventually you can try mixing some into his regular food. But beef only for now and some dog probiotics(I use Adored beast brand for Rusty my Frenchie).

Hopefully this will be enough to improve him. He probably feels sick from not eating too which doesn’t help if it’s all because he is being picky about his food and that’s what is making him not eat causing him to feel sick from empty stomach!

Hope he eats the beef!
Keep us updated😊

Absolut70

Reaction score
That’s good his teeth are good.

He could just be picky about his food now. My Frenchie gets tired of eating the same thing daily and so I give him variety! Even if it’s his favourite thing he still was picky and my Frenchie won’t eat ANY kibble or canned. Lightly cooked I feed him.

Lean beef is good too, even if it’s just the beef your giving him, that’s ok cause he has to eat something. Then if he likes it you can try a little bit sweet potato mixed in and see if he likes that.

For now though just give him the cooked beef and eventually you can try mixing some into his regular food. But beef only for now and some dog probiotics(I use Adored beast brand for Rusty my Frenchie).

Hopefully this will be enough to improve him. He probably feels sick from not eating too which doesn’t help if it’s all because he is being picky about his food and that’s what is making him not eat causing him to feel sick from empty stomach!

Hope he eats the beef!
Keep us updated😊
Thankyou so much . I will order this abeast brand if i can get it. If i cant get him eating the beef then its a vet visit. Only one good vet there and hes never there.think i might try the new family run one,no franchise.heard good reviews.
Thanks again. I will keep you updated 🙏👍🤞

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Thankyou so much . I will order this abeast brand if i can get it. If i cant get him eating the beef then its a vet visit. Only one good vet there and hes never there.think i might try the new family run one,no franchise.heard good reviews.

It’s called Adored Beast(Healthy gut, Gut Soothe and love bugs) are the probiotics I buy for my Frenchie but I would try Gut Soothe(soothes inflammation of entire body- good for any digestion issues like vomiting or upset stomach it has probiotics and slippery elm and some others ) or Healthy gut (maintenance probiotics with digestive enzymes).

Ok definitely keep us updated on how he is doing and if he likes the beef😊

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score

How is he doing today??
Did he eat the beef????

Keep us updated!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I never heard of these food brands… are you in Canada or UK?