EUREKA! Vet visit update.

wonderwife12

Reaction score
Well, this afternoon we took Comba to the vet.
Right away she said he has a fungal infection on his head. You know, the mysterious white blob of gross skin? EUREKA! A FUNGUS! That might not be exciting to you but its thrilling for me to know that its something totally curable.
Now, he's had diarrhea for a bit and I brought in a sample, and low and behold he's drinking too much water. I honestly did NOT think that was possible. But she said to cut him back on water, as he's taking in way too much.
She also advised me to feed him more than what the package states because he's a little bit underweight for his age and size.

He's now at the puppy spa getting his wash and clipped nails and anal glands done and all kinds of wonderful things. He will be grouchy with me, but he will be alright.

Next week he gets all of his puppy shots, she won't do it because she says he is underweight, young and will be on a short treatment plan for his head lump.
Apparently the vaccinations won't work if hes on an antibiotic.
Good to know, right?

The vet service is amazing. She let us be in the room for every test, and every pinch and poke and they never "took him to the back" or anything. He was right with me the whole time and I can't say enough how much I appreciate them.

We'll be picking him up from his spa day in a few hours. And Im really thrilled to have him get better, and gain weight and rid of his lump fungus.

Okay, thanks for all your inputs and sharing in my excitement!

:w00t:

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Fantastic! Great update and what a great vet too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
If he has diahrrea it is important for him not to become dehydrated, so I'm a bit confused about the comment that he is drinking too much water. I would measure out how much he should be drinking to gauge how much he is really drinking (1/2 oz to 1 oz. per lb. of body weight) Also if you feed him too much that could cause diahrrea as well, so go slow. Did she check him for a parasite?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I agree, I have never heard of such a thing as drinking too much water, and would never withhold water from a pup who has diarrhea. Usually too much food will cause a loose stool, or parasites. But if you baby is too skinny, then it may not be from too much food, but It could be the food doesn't agree with him.