FAQ: How many times a day do you feed your Frenchie?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
FAQ: How many times a day do you feed your Frenchie?

#FAQ

Schimpfy

Reaction score
Chance is now 7 months and we are starting to transition from puppy to an all stage food we started feeding 3x daily and am now feeding 2x daily this will be the norm from now on :walk:

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
At 3 yrs old... Cheli gets 1/2 cup twice a day

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax is 1 1/2 and gets 1/2 twice a day

mmclean

Reaction score
Radar is one and gets 1/2 a cup twice a day. And treats, all sorts of treats...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amylou

Reaction score
Louie is 3 months and eats a heaping 1/3 cup 3 times a day. I worry sometimes because he still seems hungry, but I don't want to overfeed.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
We feed twice per day. Sometimes I will try and sneak a third meal in on Stella as she is thin. Like today when she was interested in the chicken I was cooking:)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We feed our adults twice a day and any pup under 7 months of age will be fed 3 times a day.

blushy

Reaction score
Isa gets 1/2 cup twice a day.

She's a little thinner than most frenchies, but I think I'd rather her be lean than over-weight and then develop breathing issues, etc.

So I'm sticking with this as long as she doesn't lose any weight.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Puppies I feed 3x a day and switch to twice a day at around 5-6 months.

adlerx

Reaction score
Tiggy gets three small meals and two snacks a day, on a schedule. He has an elongated pallet and has trouble keeping food down if he gets too much at once so these are small meals. We watch his weight to make sure we're not overfeeding it seems like he's constantly eating

scastro21

Reaction score
I was told to feed my puppy who is 3 months old, 3x a day, 1/2 cup each time. Is that too much? I am feeding him Fromms Puppy food.

blushy

Reaction score
I was told to feed my puppy who is 3 months old, 3x a day, 1/2 cup each time. Is that too much? I am feeding him Fromms Puppy food.

Nope not too much, that's what I've been feeding my boy since he was 2 months old! He's 9 months now! :)

hannah

Reaction score
This is such great information thanks guys!

Tgirl

Reaction score
My girl is 3 years old and she gets 1/2 cup twice a day. I do actually cut it back just a bit to allow for training treats. I'm trying to get 2 pounds off of her. She was eating a little more than that when she was nursing I think and the breeder said to go to a total of 1 cup a day. I like her little chubby self but I know for her own good she needs to loose a couple.

MyBrxton

Reaction score
We feed brody 2 times a day and he gets lots of treats in between :)

FrogDogFam

Reaction score
Twice a day, both our girls get about a cup to a cup and a half of dry combined with pumpkin. apples, bananas, carrots and peas, or whatever else I have they can healthily eat.
SandyThelma.jpg

Jcstorlie

Reaction score
Pen is 6 months old. All stage food...3/4 c. twice a day. After reading all of the other posts; I fear I'm still feeding her too much. I'll bring her to the vet soon and have her weight checked.