Fluffy Merle

Hellfirefrenchie

Reaction score
Hi guys, i just found this community to learn more about frenchies. I just adopted this beautiful Merle girl. The previous owner told me she was a fluffy. Her hair is definitely longer than my other Frenchie around this time. I’m waiting to DNA test her. What do you guys think fluffy or not? She just turned 8 weeks.

Hellfirefrenchie

Reaction score
Does anyone know why it’s saying my image is too large? How can i upload?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
No picture but I will say that a Merle French Bulldog is not a purebred and was most likely bred to a Chihuahua. Frenchies do not carry the Merle gene. And purebred Frenchies are not fluffy.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi guys, i just found this community to learn more about frenchies. I just adopted this beautiful Merle girl. The previous owner told me she was a fluffy. Her hair is definitely longer than my other Frenchie around this time. I’m waiting to DNA test her. What do you guys think fluffy or not? She just turned 8 weeks.

I definitely want to see a photo of her.

Merle Frenchie is likly not purebred Frenchies.

However, I have seen 1 fluffy Frenchie and it’s a pure bred(the colour was a standard Frenchie and it wasn’t Merle).

Fluffy frenchies(if it’s a standard Frenchie colour) are pure frenchies, they make them by a specific gene a regular French Bulldog has, and breeding 2 with that specific gene makes them a ‘Fluffy Frenchie’ from what I read and search it’s not super common but they are purebred, the Merle isn’t a standard colour though for Frenchies.

Please attach a photo

Hellfirefrenchie

Reaction score
I definitely want to see a photo of her.

Merle Frenchie is likly not purebred Frenchies.

However, I have seen 1 fluffy Frenchie and it’s a pure bred(the colour was a standard Frenchie and it wasn’t Merle).

Fluffy frenchies(if it’s a standard Frenchie colour) are pure frenchies, they make them by a specific gene a regular French Bulldog has, and breeding 2 with that specific gene makes them a ‘Fluffy Frenchie’ from what I read and search it’s not super common but they are purebred, the Merle isn’t a standard colour though for Frenchies.

Please attach a photo
Interesting, i never knew that about about Merle’s. I wonder why they consider that a Frenchie color

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
If you scroll above i attached the Reddit link i posted on. Photos are there.
If this is the photo of the puppy, she definitely is a Fluffy Frenchie, the only downside is the colour cause it’s not a standard colour, Merle is likly not a full Frenchie. But Fluffy Frenchies do have that fur, they have the standard colour though.

Hellfirefrenchie

Reaction score
If this is the photo of the puppy, she definitely is a Fluffy Frenchie, the only downside is the colour cause it’s not a standard colour, Merle is likly not a full Frenchie. But Fluffy Frenchies do have that fur, they have the standard colour though.
Thanks Rusty, I’m new to the frenchie world do trying to gain some knowledge. Highly appreciate it

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Thanks Rusty, I’m new to the frenchie world do trying to gain some knowledge. Highly appreciate it
Your welcome.

What are you feeding her??

If you do get her, since their prone to lots of health issues, a high quality diet is highly recommended(raw diet, or lightly cooked low carb, or a high quality kibble at the very least).

Do you currently have a Frenchie or have had one in the past?

Hellfirefrenchie

Reaction score
Your welcome.

What are you feeding her??

If you do get her, since their prone to lots of health issues, a high quality diet is highly recommended(raw diet, or lightly cooked low carb, or a high quality kibble at the very least).

Do you currently have a Frenchie or have had one in the past?
I feed her victor, thoughts on that brand? And i currently have a 1.5 year old Frenchton

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I feed her victor, thoughts on that brand? And i currently have a 1.5 year old Frenchton
So you have the fluffy Merle and also a Frenchton? Or just the frenchton?

Victor is not the highest quality kibble.

The higher quality brands of kibble are:

-Orijen(the lowest carb kibble Available, really good quality)

-Acana(just not the ‘Classics’ formulas that have oats and grains as that’s a common allergy, but all their other formulas are good)

-Carna 4- (oven baked nuggets, also no synthetic vitamins needed, whole foods only).

-natures Logic kibble-(no synthetic vitamins needed, whole foods only)

-Raised Right lightly cooked(home cooked without the home cooking) and it’s already balanced.

-raw diet if you can’t feed the Raised Right lightly cooked, raw diet is best and it’s a little cheaper than Raised Right but some people don’t want to feed raw diet.

Ideally a high moisture food(homemade or raw diet) that’s low in carbs is what can prevent the new health issues and inflammation.

Also they are in constant dehydration after they eat any kibble, even if they drink 3 cups of water after they eat kibble, that constant dehydration causes liver and kidney disease because the moisture gets pulled from the liver and kidneys first after eating kibble. 2 of my 3 dogs got kidney disease from their ‘very low end kibble’ that they were eating as pups, they are on raw diet that’s low in phosphorus and sodium and their kidneys have improved so much-their bloodwork was normal!)
They we’re given 6 months to live because of their kidneys disease, but that was 19 months ago and they are still doing great(the vet is very surprised).

And I recommend rotating proteins(Turkey, duck, rabbit, goat, lamb, beef, pork, fish and others for example) rotating proteins is the best way to prevent allergies because they can become allergic to what they eat every day and also get picky. Even if it’s kibble you feed, rotate proteins is highly recommended to prevent allergies and it strengthens their immune system by rotating.

Hellfirefrenchie

Reaction score
So you have the fluffy Merle and also a Frenchton? Or just the frenchton?

Victor is not the highest quality kibble.

The higher quality brands of kibble are:

-Orijen(the lowest carb kibble Available, really good quality)

-Acana(just not the ‘Classics’ formulas that have oats and grains as that’s a common allergy, but all their other formulas are good)

-Carna 4- (oven baked nuggets, also no synthetic vitamins needed, whole foods only).

-natures Logic kibble-(no synthetic vitamins needed, whole foods only)

-Raised Right lightly cooked(home cooked without the home cooking) and it’s already balanced.

-raw diet if you can’t feed the Raised Right lightly cooked, raw diet is best and it’s a little cheaper than Raised Right but some people don’t want to feed raw diet.

Ideally a high moisture food(homemade or raw diet) that’s low in carbs is what can prevent the new health issues and inflammation.

Also they are in constant dehydration after they eat any kibble, even if they drink 3 cups of water after they eat kibble, that constant dehydration causes liver and kidney disease because the moisture gets pulled from the liver and kidneys first after eating kibble. 2 of my 3 dogs got kidney disease from their ‘very low end kibble’ that they were eating as pups, they are on raw diet that’s low in phosphorus and sodium and their kidneys have improved so much-their bloodwork was normal!)
They we’re given 6 months to live because of their kidneys disease, but that was 19 months ago and they are still doing great(the vet is very surprised).

And I recommend rotating proteins(Turkey, duck, rabbit, goat, lamb, beef, pork, fish and others for example) rotating proteins is the best way to prevent allergies because they can become allergic to what they eat every day and also get picky. Even if it’s kibble you feed, rotate proteins is highly recommended to prevent allergies and it strengthens their immune system by rotating.
Woah thank you for this helpful info. I have both girls. Frenchton and the fluffy. They’ve become best friends. I took a screenshot of everything to show my husband. We always try to get them the best brand of everything. Treats and all

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Woah thank you for this helpful info. I have both girls. Frenchton and the fluffy. They’ve become best friends. I took a screenshot of everything to show my husband. We always try to get them the best brand of everything. Treats and all
That’s awesome the 2 of the frenchies are friends.

Definitely, same goes for treats, beef liver 1 ingredient treats are really good for treats, same thing for fish and kangaroo.
1 ingredient treats are really good, that’s what I give my dogs. I’m very careful what my dogs eat.

And especially for frenchies, it’s highly recommended to get them onto a better food to prevent new health issues so you see the vet less and hopefully can prevent new health issues.

Some people feed Orijen and Raised Right.

A lot of people who feed raw diet that want the benefits but need some convenience of kibble, you can do 1 meal raw diet(breakfast for example), and 1 meal of a high quality kibble I listed(for dinner for example or as a treat or snack).

Definitely while they are healthy and young, better food is highly recommended🙂