Frenchie randomly gets sick over night

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had issues with their frenchie just randomly getting sick? When this happens to our little guy he normally has to go outside to eat a ton of grass to make himself puke and sometimes even diarrhea. He used to docthis a lot with kibbles, now hes been an raw for 6 months and has started again with this issue. We cant seem to pinpoint whats causing this. We watch very carefully what he eats and gets into. What i did notice sometimes hell lick bird poop on his walks. I was thinking about giving him. A prebiotic supplement to help prevent this. Any tips or ideas?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
How old is your pup? Have you gone for a vet visit to rule out potential health issues? Jax will throw up occasionally (he is on raw) but that is usually because he ate too fast. What protein are you feeding? Do you give probiotics?

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Hes recently had a blood test and everything looked perfect. He usually gets a blend of beef ,salmon, and tripe.. i don't think he eats fast.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesnt take any prebiotics currently

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hes recently had a blood test and everything looked perfect. He usually gets a blend of beef ,salmon, and tripe.. i don't think he eats fast.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesnt take any prebiotics currently

Have you had him tested recently for any parasites to rule that out?

Can you take out the beef and the tripe to see if he is having an intolerance to it? Beef can be a common intolerance for them.

Also, add in a probiotic to his diet. I normally rotate between sauerkraut (the fermented one in the refrigerated section), raw goat's milk and fermented fish stock. They also sell probiotics for dogs on Amazon, etc. in a powder form.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Citty... need a probiotic and both proteins can be an allergen, try a more novel protein like duck, kangaroo, bison, even turkey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk