I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~George~French Bulldog Available for Adoption in Illinois

MamaAndi

Reaction score
george.jpg

Meet George. About me: They call me George. My foster mom also calls me ā€œBubbaā€ but just donā€™t call me late for dinner . Iā€™ve had two homes so far and thatā€™s a lot for being only 4 years old. A lady who just had a baby couldnā€™t take care of me, so she called CFBR. Before that it was said that I was owned by a vet in Canada. But now thatā€™s behind me and Iā€™m looking for my forever home.

Iā€™m higher energy, very smart and very curious. I take some time warming up to you, but once comfortable, Iā€™m yours forever. I am not a huge cuddler, but I love to rest against you and lean my head on your leg or foot. I love to be a part of everything that goes on in your life and home. I am learning to be crate trained and sleep through the night in there. But I confess I donā€™t really like it and I sometimes holler if you put me in there, especially during the day, so you are going to have to work with me on that. I love toys, empty Pellegrino bottles, car rides, all kinds of treats but most of all I love my humans.

I am a wonderful boy because I am a rarity in the Frenchie world, as I am very good about NOT going in the house. That being said, I am NOT a wonderful boy at the vet. In fact, itā€™s the worst thing ever. You are going to have to buy a basket muzzle for me when you take me there, because I have tried to bite the vet or the vet tech. This goes for nail trims too. My foster mom says that I am not a mean boy, I am just a sensitive boy and I get super scared. I donā€™t care about other dogs one way or the other, and my foster mom was told that while curious about cats, I donā€™t really care about them either. I do need a few obedience classes but as my foster mom says, I am smart, so I will be at the top of my class. I can already ā€œsitā€ and ā€œgive pawā€ so Iā€™m well on my way!

It seems that there was an incident in the summer of 2017 that no one can figure out. It left me with a head tilt (which makes the ladies swoon) possible deafness in one ear and an eye that doesnā€™t close all the way. Iā€™m currently on thyroid medicine to see if that will fix it but it may never go away. However, none of this stops me from living my best life!

I donā€™t like when you take things from my mouth and I must be corrected without touch, but the more I get to know you, the less you must worry about me reacting. But thatā€™s why I shouldnā€™t be in a home with children.

About you: You are an experienced dog/Frenchie owner who lives in a single-family home. You have family with older kids and probably work from home, because I like people to be home--I have a touch of separation anxiety. You love taking me for walks. You donā€™t want a typical couch potato Frenchie. Iā€™m agile and active. A yard is not a must, but since I do tend to holler a bit when separated, a single-family home is probably best, so I donā€™t annoy the neighbors. You LOVE having dogs sleep in bed with you, because that is my absolute favorite thing. Also, you wonā€™t mind giving me daily eye drops to combat dry-eye because my one eye doesnā€™t close all the way. So, Iā€™m a little high maintenance, but hey Iā€™m a Frenchie and I promise Iā€™m worth it.

My adoption fee is $700 but you will get back $100 after proof of completion of obedience training.

View attachment 4818

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> frenchieporvous.org

To view more available Frenchies from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago French Bulldog Rescue

Thank you for considering adoption for your next family fur-mate!

Please let them know you found them on French Bulldog News! :)