Has my adopted baby been over-bred by owner

milliemoo

Reaction score
Hi there and thank you in advance to all of you for any advice you may have for me. We rescued Millie just over two months ago and we were told that she came from a very good bloodine/pedigree etc.

We were told by the re-homing shelter that her former owner/breeder 'retired' her after just 2 litters. I asked the shelter how many pups she had but I was never given an answer. She was neutered and micro-chipped immediately prior to us getting her and we were told that there would be a fee of €300 to re-home her to us. Her teats in particular her rear ones are extremely stretched and are dangling down by about 1.5" which leads me to believe that we haven't been told the truth (that she was overbred). In addition despite us enquiring several times there is record at all of her date of birth-they said she's 'probably' around 4. If she came from such a strong bloodline surely there should be a record of her DoB and should she not have been micro-chipped as a pup?
I don't know if I can post a video here but if not I will try and take some photos of her for you.

All advice /info. much appreciated

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds very sketchy to me... video , you have to load to YouTube, Rumble or other site they place link here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there TYSM for your reply!!!!!

Yeah so here's the video so you can take a look please :)

https://youtu.be/8aNwtxLYIJQ

I can view video, but she looks and walks fine. However, merle colors are not breed standard so I would be hesitant to say she is of a good blood line.. to get this color they mix in other breeds

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there. Not trying to be mean but I would not say a Merle comes from a strong bloodline. They are not purebreds and usually come with health issues. That being a said, the shelter you rescued her from may not know how many times she’s been bred, how many puppies or her actual age. Their bodies change after having puppies and sometimes just never go back to what it was before so sagging nipples could be normal.