Hello French Bulldog Lovers

Dino

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

My name is Dino and I live in Westchester New York. Sadly I lost my best bud back in October. The most amazing friend and canine I’ve had in my life.
His name was BamBam and he almost made it to thirteen but made sure every day in between was a wonderful one!
When I decided on this breed fifteen some odd years it was very tough to find a breeder that I trusted especially in the tri-state area.
After a year plus of research I decided to put myself on a couple waiting list in states that were less than a days drive from me.
I was fine waiting because I really wanted to ensure I was getting a healthy animal and not supporting the dark side of breeding.
Then one beautiful spring day in Manhattan I saw a gentleman walking an animal that I considered the perfect form and size for a French bulldog. Without causing too much of a scene I tried to chase him down to strike up a conversation but he dipped into a private building and I lost my chance. Or I thought I lost my chance. Later that day in a different part of town I saw the same owner walking the same dog and was able to speak to him. We vibed immediately! He excitedly gave me a number and told me that his friend just had a litter the night before in New Hope Pennsylvania and to give him a call right away.
I did just that.
After a considerably lengthy interview he asked me what I was looking for. I said I wanted a healthy male preferably on the larger side with a striking coloration if possible.
He alerted me he had one dog left, the biggest of the litter and a boy with the most color variation of the group. Cream with white cheeks and a white belly.
I claimed him right away and within a couple weeks I was able to go down to the ‘Gremlines’ estate 😂 and visit my little dood. I was ecstatic Of how lovely the stock was but also the hands on love and attention that the puppies were getting. It was truly the experience I was looking for
Fast forward 12 1/2 years later I had to say goodbye to BamBam when I needed him the most.
My five year marriage was coming to the end, dozens of injuries from 20 year old car accident had been coming with a vengeance due to crippling arthritis and WAY overextending myself at my restaurant over the years but especially during Covid.
My initial goal for 2022 after I split with my wife was to take any action I could do better my health, do some travel that I was unable to do being a doggy daddy and finish renovating an inhabitable home that I purchased before the pandemic and do my best to meet a sold bulldog breeder lock in a puppy for 2023!
But tragedy has continued to strike and now I am approaching the first and several surgeries that will probably have me out of work and needing full-time care for at least a year.
Trying to ramp up my optimism knowing that even though this would be the best time for me to have a loving dog in my corner it would be completely unfair to adopt and attempt to train a puppy at a time where I cannot even take care of myself.
So as I have been unable to live normal the past couple months obviously I’ve been reading a lot about the current French bulldog scene. And the majority of what I’ve seen is irresponsible greedy breeders willing to ship puppies worldwide and all kinds of over priced unhealthy variations. Knowing the demand for these adorable critters are even higher than when I got BamBam I knew I had to introduce myself to the community to make sure I get the best animal handled with the most love possible.
So nice to meet everybody and I will be seeing you around here more often hopefully.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

Here’s some photos of my guy.

Dino

Attachments

• 60353590-0561-47B7-A5CC-82DAF9D7CEAF.jpeg
    60353590-0561-47B7-A5CC-82DAF9D7CEAF.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 7

Dino

Reaction score
Sorry about the multiple posts. Seems that most of my photos are too large files.

Attachments

• 18B95AA8-57C1-4DE3-B315-BA774D6EB5E8.jpeg
    18B95AA8-57C1-4DE3-B315-BA774D6EB5E8.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 6

Dino

Reaction score
🥰🥰🥰
Thank You!
I miss his face so much.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow…what a story!! BamBam was adorable and to have lived 12 years is amazing! My guy just turned 9 a week ago.

Thank you so much for wanting to find a responsible breeder! I hope things turn around for you sooner rather than later.

Dino

Reaction score
Thank you and happy birthday to your little guy!

Dino

Reaction score
Thank you! It’s all the same guy, one day I’ll get around to you adjusting the file so I can get some more smiling photos.

Dino

Reaction score
LOL – that was always a little bit of a joke with us. My name is Dino and his was Bam Bam but a lot of people around town thought I was BamBam and he was Dino🤣🤣

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😂😂😂😂

Jeffc

Reaction score
He was a handsome boy, sorry for your loss. Best of luck I hope you land on your feet.

Shellyanne

Reaction score
Hi so sorry for the loss of your companion it's heartbreaking there are just no words I hope you feel a little better soon. .