Hello from Link

LincolnGates

Reaction score
I have actually had a French Bulldog before and she did unfortunately have many health issues, so unfortunately I was educated in many ways. Including financially. LOL This time, I ensured I did extensive research on the breeder and have ensured I feed a very high end food. Zignature Kangaroo and I went with this because It is one of the lowest fattie meats and rich in B vitamins, Omega 3s, iron and zinc! Kangaroo meat is high in protein and is always free range, meaning not humanly manipulated with antibiotics etc. As a result the meat is often a healthy choice for pets who suffer from food allergies or intolerance. Frenchies usually having such sensitive stomachs. I have went with this and so far he is doing extremely well. I am grateful and I thank you for being so welcoming to us.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I have actually had a French Bulldog before and she did unfortunately have many health issues, so unfortunately I was educated in many ways. Including financially. LOL This time, I ensured I did extensive research on the breeder and have ensured I feed a very high end food. Zignature Kangaroo and I went with this because It is one of the lowest fattie meats and rich in B vitamins, Omega 3s, iron and zinc! Kangaroo meat is high in protein and is always free range, meaning not humanly manipulated with antibiotics etc. As a result the meat is often a healthy choice for pets who suffer from food allergies or intolerance. Frenchies usually having such sensitive stomachs. I have went with this and so far he is doing extremely well. I am grateful and I thank you for being so welcoming to us.

Rusty is my first Frenchie, although we have had many dogs, Rusty has many health issues which most of them have been improved, and some have been fixed thru diet and supplements.
But I now know many of these health issues can be prevented thru good diet when started as a puppy.

That’s a decent food you have him on, only thing Im not a fan of is it used LOTS of legumes(chickpea, peas, lentils etc.) , one thing I recommend though for you to do, is Rotate thru the proteins in the Zignature if you don’t want to rotate thru other brands.
Cause when they eat the same thing every day, even kangaroo or something he does well on, they can become allergic to what they eat everyday(Rusty is now allergic to anything Pork from eating pork daily for 2 months- but some dogs it may take 1-2 years for them to become allergic to what they eat daily without variety). And different proteins have their own benefits, so when you rotate proteins it prevents picky eaters, and maximizes the nutrients for the dog and prevents food allergies(which really do suck to deal with!) and would you want to eat the same thing every day for months or years???

I even recommend rotating thru a different brand once every months or 2 to prevent him from becoming allergic to the other ingredients(legumes for example even if you rotate proteins), but at least rotate proteins, like I rotate thru everything Rusty is not allergic to(Kangaroo, Goat, Salmon, Beef, Venison). I feed him a different protein every day(I rotate thru 5 different foods per week for Rusty). But some people buy 1 bag of kangaroo, then the next bag is duck or turkey, then the next is fish, then the next maybe goat for example.

Even with my other dogs health issues, I have learnt lots from Rusty and my other dogs too.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to you and Link! He’s a cutie and good that you did your research on finding a breeder.

LincolnGates

Reaction score
Rusty is my first Frenchie, although we have had many dogs, Rusty has many health issues which most of them have been improved, and some have been fixed thru diet and supplements.
But I now know many of these health issues can be prevented thru good diet when started as a puppy.

That’s a decent food you have him on, only thing Im not a fan of is it used LOTS of legumes(chickpea, peas, lentils etc.) , one thing I recommend though for you to do, is Rotate thru the proteins in the Zignature if you don’t want to rotate thru other brands.
Cause when they eat the same thing every day, even kangaroo or something he does well on, they can become allergic to what they eat everyday(Rusty is now allergic to anything Pork from eating pork daily for 2 months- but some dogs it may take 1-2 years for them to become allergic to what they eat daily without variety). And different proteins have their own benefits, so when you rotate proteins it prevents picky eaters, and maximizes the nutrients for the dog and prevents food allergies(which really do suck to deal with!) and would you want to eat the same thing every day for months or years???

I even recommend rotating thru a different brand once every months or 2 to prevent him from becoming allergic to the other ingredients(legumes for example even if you rotate proteins), but at least rotate proteins, like I rotate thru everything Rusty is not allergic to(Kangaroo, Goat, Salmon, Beef, Venison). I feed him a different protein every day(I rotate thru 5 different foods per week for Rusty). But some people buy 1 bag of kangaroo, then the next bag is duck or turkey, then the next is fish, then the next maybe goat for example.

Even with my other dogs health issues, I have learnt lots from Rusty and my other dogs too.
Thank you for the information. It is certainly helpful and I will certainly consider the rotation. Right now at 4months I am concerned on changing anything up because they can have such sensitive stomachs and get diarrhea

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. It is certainly helpful and I will certainly consider the rotation. Right now at 4months I am concerned on changing anything up because they can have such sensitive stomachs and get diarrhea
Yes but if they are on a good food, then rotating thru the other proteins isn’t usually a issue unless they are allergic to the protein, less likely for the digestion issue to occur if he is already in decent food, rotating thru the other proteins isn’t usually a issue.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
welcome to you and Mink -- he is a very handsome fella! great post here too... excellent info and love that you did you research before obtaining this stunning boy!

LincolnGates

Reaction score
welcome to you and Mink -- he is a very handsome fella! great post here too... excellent info and love that you did you research before obtaining this stunning boy!
Thank you so much. He is a character for sure. I feel very lucky to have been granted the opportunity to find Lincoln. He is wonderful, intelligent and his disposition is outstanding. He has the typical Frenchie stubbornness but his love for his momma out ways the stubbornness eventually.