Help! Frenchie has swollowed a peach stone

Frankandmabelsmum

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if someone could help me as Iv been given so much conflicting information. My frenchie frank who is 16kg has swollowed a peach stone ( small peach stone) yesterday and it still hasn’t passed. The vets gave him a sickness injection 20 mins after he swollowed it and it didn’t come up. He’s absolutely fine in himself and is eating and drinking fine. Is there any way I can get him to pass it ? Iv been told to use stool softener and then been told he needs to have hardened poo to being able to get it moving. Please help as the vets have said they are unable to do anything else ! Thank you

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if someone could help me as Iv been given so much conflicting information. My frenchie frank who is 16kg has swollowed a peach stone ( small peach stone) yesterday and it still hasn’t passed. The vets gave him a sickness injection 20 mins after he swollowed it and it didn’t come up. He’s absolutely fine in himself and is eating and drinking fine. Is there any way I can get him to pass it ? Iv been told to use stool softener and then been told he needs to have hardened poo to being able to get it moving. Please help as the vets have said they are unable to do anything else ! Thank you

Oh no!

Has he pooped since he swallowed it??

I haven’t had a dog that ate anything like that, but I would think the vet should’ve gave something to get it moving, whether it’s a stool softener or something to make him go.

Slippery elm is good for getting the dogs digestion moving(good for both loose stool and constipation), I would see if that helps get things moving and be on watch and check when picking up after him if the stone is in there(I know, yuck) but then once it’s out you will not have to worry!

Frankandmabelsmum

Reaction score
Oh no!

Has he pooped since he swallowed it??

I haven’t had a dog that ate anything like that, but I would think the vet should’ve gave something to get it moving, whether it’s a stool softener or something to make him go.

Slippery elm is good for getting the dogs digestion moving(good for both loose stool and constipation), I would see if that helps get things moving and be on watch and check when picking up after him if the stone is in there(I know, yuck) but then once it’s out you will not have to worry!
Hi thank you for replying he’s had 4 poos today all normalish. No the vets wasn’t interested in helping at all. Thank you Il search for slippery elm!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
None of my dogs have eaten a peach stone but both Jax and Louie have both eaten questionable items. Jax ate a dryer sheet and a stocking cap. Louie has eaten part of a blanket, body parts from toys and other fabrics. I would just keep an eye on him for a blockage. In my cases, everything eaten has either been thrown up or pooped out but it usually takes a few days. In one instance, Louie had some fabric pieces in his belly for over 2 months before he threw them up.

Hydrogen peroxide makes them vomit but in order for that to work, it has to be given immediately after ingestion. Do not give it now though!

If he stops pooping, eating, drinking, becomes lethargic, etc. then he could have a blockage and you should seek veterinary care.